Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Pettine as DC?

Looks Iike he will be out in Cleveland.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Only if he brings his party trick QB with him
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
      Only if he brings his party trick QB with him
      I think Chip will bring Davis back. Why not he does anything he wants unless Lurie steps in.

Comment

Not a bad choice, I think we still have the players here for a 4-3 not the 3-4. Could be easy transition back.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I'd like that. I think the D could be OK with a real defensive coordinator. Losing Hicks made a big difference. A few tweaks here and there but I don't think they are as bad as they looked under Davis.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Seems like a viable choice. From the area, needs a reboot. Football lifer
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Agree. Seems like he would be a good personality match for Philly too. Hard to judge him as a HC in Cleveland. That's a doomsday coaching job.

Comment

You mean Jarrod from storage wars?

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  I'd like that. I think the D could be OK with a real defensive coordinator. Losing Hicks made a big difference. A few tweaks here and there but I don't think they are as bad as they looked under Davis.
                  Who cares if they replace the DC? Unless Chip changes his entire philosophy on offense, the defense will be worn down to a nub by the middle of November.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I disagree. Davis was an absolute disaster. You are right that the D being on the field too much is a big problem, but there were plenty of times when Davis's scheme kept them on the field longer than they needed to be (like, every third and long this season). It won't be perfect until Chip fixes the tempo thing, but it can be better.

Comment

haven't paid much attention

how has the browns dee been the last 2 years? where have they Ranked?..comparing it to the eagles is not fair,,,didn't Davis coach in Cleveland?
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Area Fans Would Love It

Mike's father was the coach who build West into "The New Neshaminy" -- my alma mater in the 60s had a 52 game unbeaten streak (including two or three ties). West went that one or two better under Mike Senior (and about 280 more wins beyond that in 33 years).

Junior wasn't head coach at West -- he was head coach at North Penn and William Tennent -- but folks around these parts would still love the see him (forgive me) "Linc up" with Da Birds (sorry, I couldn't resist)!
                        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Not good

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                          how has the browns dee been the last 2 years? where have they Ranked?..comparing it to the eagles is not fair,,,didn't Davis coach in Cleveland?
                          Currently ranked 26th in overall defense, and finished 23rd last year. However, in 2013, his last as Bills DC, Buffalo finished 5th overall in total defense. I'm sure you can attribute some of that to talent as well.
                          Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 12-29-2015, 12:11 PM.
                          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

The Browns are a mess (not that you need me to tell you that). That's a circus that makes the Eagles look like the Gold Standard. The Bills defense has gotten worse statistically. Either way, has to be better than Davis and I wouldn't mind going back to a 4-3.

Comment

at least he cracked the top 5 with good players

Davis has never sniffed 15th,,sickening.
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X