Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    they were never interested in Coughlin. OK
    How do you know they weren't interested in him as a backup plan? It's not like his schedule was booked.

Comment

OK so now they WERE interested in him

"as a backup plan."

Make up your mind.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

I'm sure you understand my point.

Comment

I really dont. It makes zero sense

...sure... they brought in a two-time SB winner and longtime division rival as a "backup plan" to Doug Pederson...that's viable...here's what I DO know: Coughlin was the second guy they interviewed. They invited him back to talk again and that's when HE turned THEM down.

Not saying they would have offered him the gig but they were clearly interested in him.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Gase interviewed ... McAdoo interviewed ... Coughlin had multiple conversations ... then Coughlin withdrew his name. I find it hard to believe the media got that wrong.

Despite this Pederson was the master plan?

So, Duce was interviewed for Rooney Rule compliance and they did all this other shit to make the fans think they due diligence-ed before they took the guy Lurie wanted all along to further the nitwit agenda of a Reid-tree guy being the key?

Well, that doesn't make me warm and fuzzy, as I see it as bad as they tried to get a bunch of people who had a clue and were turned down so they settled for Booby Prize Doug.

Fuck ... now I have to hope they're blind squirrels who found a nut.
            Pederson was interviewed before Couglin or McAdoo, and was reported to be a leading contender before there was a frenzy over anyone. I don't know what happened, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that they wanted Pederson but hedged their bets beause they weren't able to sign him yet, or because the possibility existed that his stock would rise as the Chiefs went deeper into the playoffs. If they had targeted only one candidate and somehow lost him, due to shit happening, we'd be killing them as bad if not worse than they got killed for the appearance of a Gace/Coughln/McAdoo clusterfuck.

And yeah, we're rooting for Lurie to step in some shit... like he did with Andy. That's pretty much all we've got. I see a better chance of that happening with Pederson than I do with a guy like Coughlin. People who know him say he's got a sharp football mind, and his players seem to have a high regard for him. Based on that, I'm good with the pick. Not dancing on the ceiling, but good. I think this could work out, in spite of Lurie and Howie.

Comment

bwahahaha

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              The same media speculated today that he may have withdrew his name once he realized they wanted Peterson all along. He eventually saw the writing on the wall, wanted to save face, and beat them to the punch. While I don't believe half the shit I hear, it's not far-fetched.
              you typed that...and accuse the MEDIA of making stuff up?
              May 7, 2010

Comment

...sure... they brought in a two-time SB winner and longtime division rival as a "backup plan" to Doug Pederson...that's viable...here's what I DO know: Coughlin was the second guy they interviewed. They invited him back to talk again and that's when HE turned THEM down.

Not saying they would have offered him the gig but they were clearly interested in him.
                I don't think Coughlin was the second guy they interviewed and I'm too lazy to check. Mike Shanahan won two Super Bowls and I don't want him (and neither do the 49ers). Bringing Coughlin in here is something the old Redskins would do (see: Shanahan). This team can't afford to make those types of moves. He became a bad coach. 'Not For Long' does not only apply to the players.

Comment

you typed that...and accuse the MEDIA of making stuff up?
                  So when I wrote 'The same media speculated today..', when did it become me making stuff up?

Comment

Working...
                  X