And So He Is Here -- Heaven Help Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And So He Is Here -- Heaven Help Us

The last time I felt as pessimistic about the Eagles as I do now was that WONDERFUL 1998 season.

Maybe Pederson will be one of those rare individuals who were horrible players but very successful coaches. Maybe he will do what every head coach in the last 50 years has failed to do -- win a Super Bowl.

And maybe the sun will rise in the south tomorrow morning.

In fact, I give us a better chance of seeing the morning sun in the Southern sky.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

He's hiring a French ex futbol player to coach kickers.

Henry Thierry. Talk about thinking outside the box.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

If you ranked all the playing careers of the NFL head coaches, Doug Pederson would probably be in the top 25%. Bad player, successful coach is not rare at all.

Comment

I don't care

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
        The last time I felt as pessimistic about the Eagles as I do now was that WONDERFUL 1998 season.

Maybe Pederson will be one of those rare individuals who were horrible players but very successful coaches. Maybe he will do what every head coach in the last 50 years has failed to do -- win a Super Bowl.

And maybe the sun will rise in the south tomorrow morning.

In fact, I give us a better chance of seeing the morning sun in the Southern sky.
        He ran FF's offense. FF's offense did what FF's offense always does. He will continue running FF's offense.
        DB

Comment

In Some Cases, True

However, going in, this one has "Rotten player, rotten head coach" written all over it.

I could be wrong. I hope with all my being that I will, in fact, be wrong. However I'm not going to lose any sleep hoping for that possibility.

Comment

If He Does...

...let's hope he knows the difference between a TWO minute drill, and a 6-1/2 minute drill.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
              ...let's hope he knows the difference between a TWO minute drill, and a 6-1/2 minute drill.
              All this Sturm and Drang is getting boring. I get the doubts about Pedey but it's a legit strategy. Just for the record, who did you want them to hire?
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Have some freakin' optimism.

Give the guy a chance.
                Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Thracian Mars View Post
                  Have some freakin' optimism.

Give the guy a chance.
                  Amen, the assumption that Pederson is going to fail is obnoxious. There will be plenty of time to bitch next year after they lose games on the field instead of in your imagination.
                  Last edited by 06hawkalum; 01-18-2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    All this Sturm and Drang is getting boring. I get the doubts about Pedey but it's a legit strategy. Just for the record, who did you want them to hire?

I was hoping they would give Shurmur the HC and hoped he would give Duce a shot at the OC and find a great DC, and keep Fipp right where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      I was hoping they would give Shurmur the HC and hoped he would give Duce a shot at the OC and find a great DC, and keep Fipp right where he is.
                      Please. I love Duce but he's not ready for OC. Fipp is staying. Shurmur vs. Pederson is a wash. Schwartz is a good hire if they get him.
                      Last edited by Maniac; 01-18-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Please. I love Duce but he's not ready for OC. Fipp is staying. Shurmur vs. Pederson is a wash. Schwartz is a good hire if they get him.
                        I would have no problem with Duce as OC as long as Shurmur was calling "most" of the shots, what is the difference between that and what Pederson was doing in KC, Andy was calling the shots DP was OC in name only, and NOW he is your HEAD COACH???
                        Last edited by Eagle Road; 01-18-2016, 10:54 PM.

Comment

I would have no problem with Duce as OC as long as Shurmur was calling "most" of the shots, what is the difference between that and what Pederson was doing in KC, Andy was calling the shots DP was OC in name only, and NOW he is your HEAD COACH???
                          Where's Andy's Lombardi? Nobody has a clue about Pederson yet. I prefer my head coach to be head coach not OC.

How many plays did Harbaugh call?

Comment

Where's Andy's Lombardi? Nobody has a clue about Pederson yet. I prefer my head coach to be head coach not OC.

How many plays did Harbaugh call?

Exactly, but yet you say Duce can't make a move up to OC? Why not? So then I guess him being interviewed was strictly a Rooney rule work around?

Comment

Exactly, but yet you say Duce can't make a move up to OC? Why not?
                              I still don't think Harbaugh calls plays. Who's hiring Shurmur?

I would have gone with Gase but don't see a huge difference. Coin flip.

Comment

Working...
                              X