No announcement yet.

Does anyone truly believe Villanova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone truly believe Villanova...

is the fourth best college basketball team in the nation? Arch is one of the better guards in the country in a college game that has become a lot more guard-centric. They are a very good team, but No. 4?

Cant wait to see how TDupont Bag draws Cosby being a rapist into this.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    is the fourth best college basketball team in the nation? Arch is one of the better guards in the country in a college game that has become a lot more guard-centric. They are a very good team, but No. 4?

I think this NCAA tournament may have a lot of "upsets". There are a lot of good teams this year that could make a run. The rankings right now (as usual) don't mean a whole lot.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

agreed but it shows ignorance of the voters

as you said...a lot of really good teams. Parity rules in general. There are so-called "mid-majors" that could play with anybody. I think the voters do get hung up on "name" programs and the new Big East is overrated.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

I think the same way with a lot of the teams in the top 10. This year is WIDE open. Complete crapshoot. Personally, I think UNC is the best team in the country. And they are in no way, shape, or form unbeatable. Oklahoma is obviously very good. Kansas as well. Fucking Iowa is in the top 10.
        Last edited by phillyeagles36; 01-19-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

They wouldn't even be the 4th best team in the Big 12.

Terp is right though, this is a really strange season for College hoops, the Final 4 will be wide open.

Comment

as you said...a lot of really good teams. Parity rules in general. There are so-called "mid-majors" that could play with anybody. I think the voters do get hung up on "name" programs and the new Big East is overrated.
            That's always the case, but when you look at statistical methods they're not that far off.

Villanova is #1 in KenPom and RPI rankings. They're #3 in the BPI rankings. A #4 ranking by the AP and coaches isn't unreasonable.

I agree that mid-majors can play with anybody, but statistically they're none that are really that impressive overall.

I can see the Big East being overrated - Nova and Xavier belong where they are but I don't know about the others.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              They wouldn't even be the 4th best team in the Big 12.

Terp is right though, this is a really strange season for College hoops, the Final 4 will be wide open.
              That may be right, but their numbers are good otherwise. Again, that's why rankings are pretty useless because you have "good" teams that really don't play quality competition.

Although, the Big 12 was the greatest conference in the history of basketball ever last year and totally shit the bed in March.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                That may be right, but their numbers are good otherwise. Again, that's why rankings are pretty useless because you have "good" teams that really don't play quality competition.

Although, the Big 12 was the greatest conference in the history of basketball ever last year and totally shit the bed in March.
                That happens a lot in March. The last few years of the real Big East (when they would get 9 or 10 teams in) the conference as a whole didn't fair well in the tournament. Fatigue and bad luck play a factor IMO.

I agree that rankings are pretty meaningless right now, but based off the eye test I think Oklahoma, Kansas, WVU and Iowa St are all better teams than Nova.

Comment

WHOA!! Stop The Bus!!!

Irish George -- the biggest Villanova hater in the Solar System -- actually said Villanova was A GOOD TEAM??!!

That's it -- I'm almost positive that's right up there with the other signs that the end is near!
                  "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

now that football is basically over

I'm starting to really get back into hoops. Dont get me wrong...Villanvoa is really good, I just dont think they would have the record they do in some of the other conferences and with a tough non-conference schedule. I think the rankings are more about record than actual talent and strength.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

A VERY GOOD TEAM!

Comment

have you seen them?

they're very good. My dislike for Villanova as an institution never has colored my opinion of their on-court performance.
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

indeed

cant take that away from them.
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

I'm starting to really get back into hoops. Dont get me wrong...Villanvoa is really good, I just dont think they would have the record they do in some of the other conferences and with a tough non-conference schedule. I think the rankings are more about record than actual talent and strength.
                            It'll all.work itself out. That's why it's the greatest American sporting event.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

have not seen Iowa St.

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                              That happens a lot in March. The last few years of the real Big East (when they would get 9 or 10 teams in) the conference as a whole didn't fair well in the tournament. Fatigue and bad luck play a factor IMO.

I agree that rankings are pretty meaningless right now, but based off the eye test I think Oklahoma, Kansas, WVU and Iowa St are all better teams than Nova.
                              Kansas and WVU are scary good.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X