Does anyone truly believe Villanova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true

and I also believe basketball is the greatest team sport and that elite basketball players are the best athletes.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

North Fraud Street is angry

The cats have lost two games. On a neutral court to the AP #1 and to the AP #13 on the road. They beat the #5 AP team. And Roth, I think they would be the third best team in the BIG12. I wonder what basketball coach Andrea Constand thinks?

Currently their SOS is #1, RPI #1. Defense efficiency #4 If they could start hitting from 3 with any decent %, who knows .
      Last edited by T.D-Bag; 01-19-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Come On, Georgie!

When you crow about "Villchoka" losing in the NCAA tourny or blowing a big lead in a big TV game, the meaning is obvious! There's no hedging; no, "I feel sorry for the players because they're all good athletes but boy am I glad the university was clobbered!"

It's a flat out diatribe against Villanova -- period -- and the players ARE Villanova when it comes to basketball! Ergo, praising them now is a dramatic 180 that's alien to your innermost feelings.
        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          Kansas and WVU are scary good.
          I couldn't agree more about WVU...just a "little" biased.

We(yeah, WE) came damn close to knocking off the #1 & #2 teams in the nation in the same week. I watched the entire ISU-Oklahoma game last night and it was hard to believe ISU had lost four games. The Big 12 has had some classic games the last two weeks.

Comment

please...Go back on high-GAY-tiss

I wouldnt expect you to make the distinction between me reveling in them choking and acknowledging their talent as a basketball team.

Nor would I expect you to discern my use of "institution" as it pertains to quitting the Big 5, having security issues relative to Notre Dame and Boston College etc etc etc.

You didn't disappoint.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

I've always loved Huggins as a coach

that's the kind of guy you want on your sideline. He can probably still kick the ass of most of the guys on his roster. I met him once in AC helluva nice guy too.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

that's the kind of guy you want on your sideline. He can probably still kick the ass of most of the guys on his roster. I met him once in AC helluva nice guy too.
                And those daughters he raised are a couple of gems.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

i dont know about that

do tell
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Huggins is the man.

Comment

He's certainly a character. He always comes across as a funny (dry but funny) guy during interviews.

Comment

Nor Was I Surprised At Your illogical Rationalizing

You hate Villanova. Villanova's basketball program, like any basketball program, lives or dies on the backs of the players. They chose to go there...they give their all to make Nova a winner.

You can't want the players to succeed but for the university to fail. Ergo, you can't praise one but hate the other.
                        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                          Huggins is the man.
                          Huggy and Billy Hahn have those boys playing well.

Gonna be a wide open field this year
                          Last edited by 91EaglesD; 01-25-2016, 03:48 PM.
                          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Kansas and WVU are scary good.
                            WVU lives off undisciplined teams - control the pace and make them take jumpers and they are quite beatable. Look at what UVA did to them in the second half of their game at MSG; that's pretty much the recipe. Huggins has them coached very well though.

The 1-3 seeds will all be pretty much a toss up in terms of talent, with any team capable of winning. UNC probably has the most talent in the country, but you don't know what you will get from them on a nightly basis. Then take into account mid-majors like Dayton, VCU, Valpo, Wichita... should be an exceedingly volatile tournament.
                            Last edited by hoo bleeds green; 01-25-2016, 05:56 PM.
                            To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Who said I want them to succeed?

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                              You hate Villanova. Villanova's basketball program, like any basketball program, lives or dies on the backs of the players. They chose to go there...they give their all to make Nova a winner.

You can't want the players to succeed but for the university to fail. Ergo, you can't praise one but hate the other.
                              I simply said they are good.i was thrilled they lost to providence. They are still good.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

they stormed the court?

Larry Brown was embarrassed for TU and said as much after the game.

http://deadspin.com/smu-the-last-und...-go-1754833321

Comment

Working...
                                X