Great to hear this!
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

wow great news for you too

The cancer-free part obviously
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        Still though, it's a brave new world and now these immunotherapies are turning into the next big cancer development. I'm very very fortunate in that sense.
        congrats on your prognosis.... Some of the progress on the cancer side has been pretty impressive recently. Because cancer mutates and changes so rapidly, MDs can't just give you one medicine, they've seen more progress using a cocktail of approaches and by tailoring them to the cancer

We're going to stop identifying cancer by the organ it invades ( lung cancer, skin cancer, pancreatic cancer) and identifying it by its genetic make-up; a much better approach. What it is, is more important than where it is in terms of treatment options

And now that we've learned a bit more in how to recruit your own immune system into the fight, our chances for success have gotten significantly better. Scientists have learned how cancer turns off your own immune system and learning how to block that turn-off signal is an immense leap forward in treating a movable target.

More good news is that the punch biopsies are going away too, being replaced by liquid biopsies of blood and other fluids.
        Still a very long way to go, but these are very significant steps forward

Good luck to you and two gap

Comment

HELL YEAH!!!

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          I appreciate it. As TGP will know, you don't get to be necessarily cancer free but we're both on the right side of it (they don't see anything). If you follow Philly.com's Patient #1, it's the same deal. Actually, same meds as Jimmy Carter though the media has backpedaled after he said they "didn't find any cancer" which they took to mean "cured" but really means they just can't find anything. Still though, it's a brave new world and now these immunotherapies are turning into the next big cancer development. I'm very very fortunate in that sense.
          ....best god damn story I've heard in a long time. Glad to hear things are clear,keep fighting the good fight, my thoughts are with you!!
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Sorry, I didn't know Z....

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            I'm sure you go through the same stuff. As soon as I get in the examination room and they find out I'm a melanoma survivor, every med student and their teacher walks in. Now I'm there buck naked and they all examine me, but ya know what? The more eyes on you the better.
            But I'm glad to hear you have lots of young girls checking you out....and you got your 5 year clearance.....that's huge.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Nice to win those battles.

And great news. Hopefully they don't find squat again.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I graduated from Springfield HS in 1970, and left for Montana.
                Will always be a big Eagles fan, and that's what brought me here originally.
                I am waiting for TGP to be back on the bandwagon, and glad to hear about his health.
                I also did not know.
                I still have the cigar that Raptor gave when he was having a kid. Don't recall when that was.
                So, I look at the board all the time, but don't say much.

Comment

Happy to hear that, man. We don't like cancer.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                  X