UBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*shrugs*
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I disagree

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      Uber has so much VC funding I just cant see opposing companies like Lyft being successful in combating them. Just my opinion.

Uber just cut their fares to lower than yellow cab rates in Manhattan. That is not a move to maximize their profit... it's a move to kill their competition, IMO. The maximization of profit will take place after the competition is killed off.
      Lyft competes on price and potentially better drivers (they apparently get paid more).

http://lifehacker.com/ride-sharing-s...yft-1735886651

Who knows, maybe another company will compete on safety (seems hard) or limited "surge" pricing.

Comment

Uber and ADA litigation

Uber does not provide wheelchair accessible vehicles in compliance with the ADA, arguing that it is NOT a transportation provider but a matching service between riders and drivers who are independent contractors.

Ultimately, Uber's longevity will be determined by its ability to defend itself against ADA litigation. ADA enforcement is the responsibility of the Department of Justice, so violations are a big deal. When the first ruling against Uber happens, complaints from the disabled community will skyrocket and put it out of business.

Comment

Right.

Because all of the taxis have wheel chair ramps leading to the cum stained polyester covered crack burn hole pock marked seats in the back.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Kalamazoo mass murderer

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
            First time using it tonite. Nothing but kudos, on time , nice clean car, friendly driver.
            Friendly Uber driver!
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

All the more reason to be packin'.

Comment

Interesting, he didn't kill his passengers.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                X