Eskin sez Eagles not Franchising Bumford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eskin sez Eagles not Franchising Bumford

So it looks like they're franchising bumford.

So he's confirming what shefter said weeks ago.

Good if true. I do feel that Bradford really played much better the last seven or eight games and is a tough son of a bitch. He stands tall in pocket and pays the price to make a completion and I have a ton of respect for him there.

However, his inability to ever throw accurately downfield or over 20 yards is a major issue and limits the offense big time.

I just don't think he's worth big money or a long term answer st QB.

I wouldn't pay him $15m a year with his injury history and limitations in the passing game.

If they do resign him I'd be ok with it but prefer they go short term elsewhere and draft a kid like Brissett or Dak in 3rd. If lynch is worth taking at 14"3 so be it.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-16-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

His inability to throw downfield, or the WRs inability to catch? I think they should pay him $15 million/year for 3 years and call it a day.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

More his inability to throw accurately downfield and stay healthy.

Comment

I watched him make Danario Alexander and Chris Givens look like all-world deep threats. That's the last thing I'd be concerned about.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

How about the dogsh*t offensive scheme he was running?

Shotgun every play, diagonal run left, diagonal run right, sh*t screen that gets blown up

Comment

Naaa.. tagging him makes wayy more sense

because you can bargain with another team,,you don't have to get 2 No 1's,,the team can decide what to take in a trade if they were to Franchise him,,and if you don't trade him you simply Draft your Qb of the future and when the guy Blows his knee out in week 9 you trott the new guy out.. Id rather have him on a 1 year deal,,if he has a stellar season next year with the New Coaching Staff then you try to sign him LT..
              Last edited by TRENT; 02-16-2016, 12:30 PM.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

I'm just not impressed with him for the $$ he will command. Give me a 1 year guy and prospect.

I'm partial to Brissett from NC St. Think he can become a very good starter in NFL.

Comment

The problem with tagging him is you're pre-establishing that he's worth $20 million.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Prospects don't develop. Your maximum reward at this point is still Bradford. He needs another healthy season to prove he's worth it, but you've seen he has what it takes to be the starter.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

He's an injury prone average starter that will
                      Command upper echelon $$$

It's a bad investment.
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-16-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                        I'm just not impressed with him for the $$ he will command. Give me a 1 year guy and prospect.

I'm partial to Brissett from NC St. Think he can become a very good starter in NFL.
                        In my opinion, no one is a better all around thrower than Cook. He has an insane release/throwing motion and he's got plenty of arm strength.

If they can trade up in to the 2nd to get Cook, I'd love it. Or pick up Hackenberg in the 3rd. He's been in a shit situation, but he's got potential.

Goff and Lynch just don't do anything for me. I'm kind of torn on Wentz. I don't know how his game will translate.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Eagles should move down from 13 to get extra picks this year and next. They should try to move several times if possible. The more ammo they have the better.

Even with Howie at the helm they should try like crazy to double their picks. So many areas of weakness and zero depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                            Eagles should move down from 13 to get extra picks this year and next. They should try to move several times if possible. The more ammo they have the better.

Even with Howie at the helm they should try like crazy to double their picks. So many areas of weakness and zero depth.
                            Meh. I don't know. Fletcher Cox was taken at 12. I'd hate to see them pass up the chance on a stud like that. Granted, the 2012 draft was probably one of the deepest drafts ever, but still.
                            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                              The problem with tagging him is you're pre-establishing that he's worth $20 million.
                              not really. in 09 the Pats franchised cassel for 14.5 mill. after he was traded to kansas city he signed a six year 63 mill deal with 28 mill guaranteed. that averages 10.5 per throughout the life of the contract.

the best move is to franchise him. otherwise theyre letting an asset walk for nothing.
                              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
                              X