Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    You apparently don't understand the word "literally."
    Moot point if they literally roll dice or not. It's a gamble.

Lurie has decided togetherness is the answer. Pederson's a long shot but I didn't see any high odds plays out there. Maybe the guy rises to the occasion. Kumbaya.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      We don't deserve to have a team that's 0-50 in the super bowl being run like a circus.

No real General Manager is completely insane to me.

You're a professional football team. Start operating as such.

Jeff Lurie is the mother fucking anti Christ.
      Who is this "real GM" you speak of? Brink back Modrak!

Comment

Well I suppose if you're going to gamble you should go all out and hand the reins to a guy who was "literally" High School Dougie seven years ago, and a lawyer who drafted Danny Watkins and Mucus Smith number one, and who has the a rep around the league as a wanker nobody wants to work with ... rather than keep a coach who won 20 games his first two years after one really shitbag season.
        Last edited by slag; 02-20-2016, 06:01 PM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wait a minute, impolite.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

As a pre-emptive strike against what I feel certain will be his response:

Let me be clear that my thinking the current situation is a bigger gamble than Kelly would have been doesn't mean I was against moving from Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              As a pre-emptive strike against what I feel certain will be his response:

Let me be clear that my thinking the current situation is a bigger gamble than Kelly would have been doesn't mean I was against moving from Kelly.
              Can't agree that this is a bigger gamble than keeping Kelly. The team had quit on Chump. And where's our second rounder, offensive line and wide receivers? That gamble was over. Won't be cashing that ticket.

Roseman has accepted responsibility for Watkins. Maybe he learned something from it. Mucus Smith might be salvageable now that Davis is gone.

It's going to be The Year of Howie. All you can do is cross your fingers.

Comment

Pederson has far more NFL experience than Kelly did. I would have preferred the guy who went to Miami though.

Comment

How's that straw you're grasping feel?

Comment

I think Pederson is a better fit with NFL players than Chump. Do you disagree, Scarecrow?

If he turns out to be a great head coach, I'll be surprised. But right now I just want the Chump stench washed off the team and that's what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      I think Pederson is a better fit with NFL players than Chump. Do you disagree, Scarecrow?

If he turns out to be a great head coach, I'll be surprised. But right now I just want the Chump stench washed off the team and that's what's happening.
                      Pederson is a fucking goofball and you know it. Stop playing mind games with yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Its not the xs and os its the jimmies and joes, or, in this case, the Dannys and Marcuses.
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Our GM's name is Howie. Need I say more?

Comment

I have some questions

Who the hell on here has enough money to buy the Eagles and hire everyone else to run the team?

Can anybody in their right mind say this franchise is better off now than it was 3 years ago?

Who exactly would you have liked to see them hire as GM and head coach?

Keep in mind as you answer the last question that other teams had to give permission to speak to certain guys and the other hiring restrictions.

The Eagles won 20 games is first two years and then the league caught up to his system. You know the system that had Foles throw 27 TDs and 2 INTs. Or the same system that saw Murray run for almost nothing after getting rid of two pretty decent guards with no suitable replacement on the roster. The same system that was supposed to be good enough no matter who the players are. The same guy who traded away the franchise's all time leading RB for a LB coming off an ACL tear that turned out to still have a long way to recover. Or how about the GM who gave Riley Cooper a $25 million deal Really want to look back at the Chipsters time in Philly and tell someone how great it was. Oh by the way, that second 10-6 season still wasn't good enough to make the playoffs. So in three years one playoff appearance, one playoff loss and two seasons watching the post season at home. One last thing. If I remember correctly, wasn't it Kelly who wanted Taylor Hart, or some other Duck, in like the third round and they got him in the 5th? So really think his ability to evaluate talent is that much better?

Now I am not going to jump for joy over Roseman or Pederson, but I will at least give Pederson a chance to prove himself. Not exactly sure what makes everybody think that Pederson is a train wreck waiting to happen. Give the poor sucker a chance to prove he does or doesn't belong.

Comment

Originally posted by ncigglefan View Post
                              Who the hell on here has enough money to buy the Eagles and hire everyone else to run the team?

Can anybody in their right mind say this franchise is better off now than it was 3 years ago?

Who exactly would you have liked to see them hire as GM and head coach?

Keep in mind as you answer the last question that other teams had to give permission to speak to certain guys and the other hiring restrictions.

The Eagles won 20 games is first two years and then the league caught up to his system. You know the system that had Foles throw 27 TDs and 2 INTs. Or the same system that saw Murray run for almost nothing after getting rid of two pretty decent guards with no suitable replacement on the roster. The same system that was supposed to be good enough no matter who the players are. The same guy who traded away the franchise's all time leading RB for a LB coming off an ACL tear that turned out to still have a long way to recover. Or how about the GM who gave Riley Cooper a $25 million deal Really want to look back at the Chipsters time in Philly and tell someone how great it was. Oh by the way, that second 10-6 season still wasn't good enough to make the playoffs. So in three years one playoff appearance, one playoff loss and two seasons watching the post season at home. One last thing. If I remember correctly, wasn't it Kelly who wanted Taylor Hart, or some other Duck, in like the third round and they got him in the 5th? So really think his ability to evaluate talent is that much better?

Now I am not going to jump for joy over Roseman or Pederson, but I will at least give Pederson a chance to prove himself. Not exactly sure what makes everybody think that Pederson is a train wreck waiting to happen. Give the poor sucker a chance to prove he does or doesn't belong.
                              The more simple minded posters appear to believe that since DP was a terrible QB that he will also be a failure as a HC.

Comment

of course

because the ability to throw a football accurately is directly related to the ability to teach and motivate a football team. The funniest part is that some very respected "football guys" have had nothing but praise for Pederson. Of course pro players, and coaches, don't know nearly as much as the guys on the message boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X