I would like to remind everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    For one, they're not going to draft Watson. Watson could end up not even being a 1st rounder. Could be another Bridgewater/Geno Smith. Also, when you re-sign a bunch of players on your own team and then turn around and tell them that they'll be wasting 2 to 3 years of their prime while they pretend to be the Sixers, you're going to have an unhappy locker room.

They're not bad enough and they won't tank.
    I think Bridgewater is better than Geno and would take Bridgewater all day over Geno and what we have right now. He's young and has upside.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah, I hear you. I think Sanchez is really, really bad. Much worse than Bradford, but reasonable people can disagree. Neither are world beaters...
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

So why not just shitcan the whole QB position and start with some new player, or even some retreaded second or third stringer. Surely that won't be a waste of the year.

Comment

Exactly. If Condon thought Bradford could do better on the open market they would have waited to test it. Only Chump Kelly would have traded for Bradford last year, and 2015 didn't particularly burnish Bradford's credentials in the league.

Comment

I'm looking forward to March 2, 2017, one year older and wondering who Howie is going to draft with the 14th pick in the first round.
            Last edited by RSE; 03-02-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I don't disagree but this particular deal allows them to still go ahead and draft a qb and if he develops they can cut Sam loose. They didn't sign him to a deal that suggests they believe he is the franchise qb.

Comment

That would probably happen with or without Bradford.

Happiness is all about managing expectations.

Comment

I'd have preferred if they picked a QB in the first round, sat him behind Sanchez until he was ready, and gave Bradford the bum's rush.

Comment

They can still draft a qb though. If their guy is there at 13, then they can still draft him. I personally don't think any of the guys who will be there at 13 are sure things. That's another reason I don't care about them having signed him. This deal, IMO, doesn't prohibit them from their long term plan. And if Bradford is a bum, then what's the difference between starting him or Sanchez for the next year or two, tops?

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                      I think Bridgewater is better than Geno and would take Bridgewater all day over Geno and what we have right now. He's young and has upside.
                      That wasn't really my point, though. He was slated as a top 3 overall pick by the "experts."
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                        Because this season is now officially a wasted season. There is no reason for any optimism regarding the Eagles this season. They will be mediocre at best. There was no reason to sign Bradford. None.
                        You're right, they should have gone with Sanchez. Would have been a much better option.

Comment

Bwahahahahaha!

"This is like a horrible marriage you decide to plod through until your kids are both out of the house."

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                            That wasn't really my point, though. He was slated as a top 3 overall pick by the "experts."
                            ah, misunderstood. My bad.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah, but Lurie's definition of not wasting a season is meaningful games in December/Jan. and this creates the best shot.

Plus, the Eagles FO can crow about not being tankers and it gives them an out, for which they can pat themselves on the back, if it doesn't work.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

This reminds me of the debate of who was better Vick or Kolb? Ahhh memories.

Comment

Working...
                                X