I would like to remind everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listen if we were in position to get a franchise Qb

id be excited too, so I understand where RSE is coming from, but the team is not, so a 2 year deal is not bad, Keeping Sanchize to me makes no sense,,bring in a younger guy to groom,,hell Id tale Foles Gold over Markie mark any day of the week!

This is year 1 of a new Coaching staff,, so no Expectations; they could win the Div, or Peters and Kelce could go down in Game one, Samford in the 3rd game and boom you got a 3 win season,,so there is still hope.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Bradford's job is to keep the team relatively viable while they build the rest of the roster around him

IF the team totally sucks, then Pederson and his crew will be gone before that plan comes to fruition. The goal isn't to win a SB with Bradford, its to remain relevant long enough to find and groom his replacement. Nobody is buying tickets to see a Sanchez- led team and no coach could survive 2 seasons of a Sanchez-led team. The other QB options aren't viable

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        Honestly, I'm not convinced that Bradford is much better than Sanchez. Don't interpret this as saying that Sanchez is any good.

Guess what I am trying to say is I could have seen last year's team going 7-9 with Sanchez at QB, just like they did with Bradford.
        I'm not advocating for Bradford here - far from, dude needs to prove his worth or he is average at best.

But to compare him to Sanchez is retarded! in 2 starts while Bradford was injured the eagles went 0 - 2 and Sanchez had a whopping 4 TDS and 4 INT's

Same stench on both but if Bradford stays upright and in the right system (minus Chip's innovation lol) he has more to offer than Sanchez or any other 2nd tier QB or draft pick out there this year.
        Last edited by Spartan92; 03-02-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
          Bradford's job is to keep the team relatively viable while they build the rest of the roster around him

IF the team totally sucks, then Pederson and his crew will be gone before that plan comes to fruition. The goal isn't to win a SB with Bradford, its to remain relevant long enough to find and groom his replacement. Nobody is buying tickets to see a Sanchez- led team and no coach could survive 2 seasons of a Sanchez-led team. The other QB options aren't viable
          Someone with a brain! Good post.

Comment

we basically have same scenario happening, but Bradford over Sanchez. Its not ideal, but its an ok stopgap until you develop your QB
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Which QB are you developing? Don't say Hackenberg either.

Comment

oh Fuck no. I'd take Paxton Lynch or Cardale Jones. But I wouldn't have a problem taking one next year either. Gotta keep trying
                Last edited by Diggle; 03-02-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Exactly. The contract is structured to be a hedge.

Comment

I guess my concern is that I have zero faith in this FO identifying the right QB outside of a Top 5 pick. The next Matt Barkley or Kevin Kolb is most likely if this pick isn't spoonfed to them.

Comment

Like I said ... trying to have relevant games in Dec/Jan., without locking into the guy.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You think Lynch will be there after the 2d round?

Comment

Or ... as I just heard in a soundbite on WIP from Ian Rappaport in a sports update:

"With the Bradford deal, the Eagles are being run, with Howie Roseman, like a business again."

Comment

No, but probably need to trade up to get him or down from 1 for the extra pick.

Comment

Ya know I have more faith in Dougie and Frank Reich than I do in Howie. Its still very little. Maybe they step in shit. Im praying they do

Comment

Working...
                              X