The Usual Suspects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Usual Suspects.

The FFFluffers become the Chip Chompers become the Bradford Blowers. And still the team goes nowhere.

Just so I'm clear, if I think a cheap two year deal on Bradford is not a horrible move, because I don't think it prevents them from doing anything they would otherwise do if they hadn't re-signed him, and I would prefer Bradford to Mark F'ing Sanchez, does that make me a "Bradford Blower?"
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Apparently if you don't stamp your feet and complain, you're a Bradford Blower. Welcome to the club.

Comment

Looks like we're all rounded up and put in the same camp. And I didn't think I agreed with McCarthy on this.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Sweet sign me up!

Bradford is a band-aid, period. Now they can focus on the teams future QB, fill holes on the O Line and work on fixing all that Chip destroyed.

Comment

We need to shop Little, McCarthy, Slizz and Susq into this pic. Can I be the fifth?

Comment

Hahaha

Sign me up - I think he's serviceable. By no stretch of the imagination is he "bad"
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

reasons I didn't want to keep him:

1. 99% sure he'll get hurt
                2. paid him 2 1/2 x more than it woulda cost sanchez to go out there & get same end result: season 51 of no super bowls. that's my end game. is it the eagles? I don't think so sometimes.
                3. did signing him prevent getting fletcher cox an extension? on paper today it appears that may be the case.
                4. sanchez is pretty much same guy as Bradford, honestly. except he's made playoffs a couple of times and won some big games. Bradford hasn't and I wouldn't spend north of $16m guaranteed in 2016 to see if that changes. A leopard cannot change its spots.

I just don't understand the logic of keeping Bradford around for another year or 2 when you essentially have Bradford as your #2 now for a lot lower price tag that gives you more flexibility on other contracts.

if nothing else they could have waited and gotten him cheaper after nobody else wanted him in free agency.

Comment

McCarthy - Kevin Pollack
                  Little - Stephen Baldwin
                  Slizz - Benicio del Toro
                  Sus - Gabriel Bryne
                  DLeff - Kevin Spacey

Let's get it done!

Comment

My only response to that is the Eagles

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    I just don't understand the logic of keeping Bradford around for another year or 2 when you essentially have Bradford as your #2 now for a lot lower price tag that gives you more flexibility on other contracts.

if nothing else they could have waited and gotten him cheaper after nobody else wanted him in free agency.
                    Play in the NFC East and in the Playoffs anything can happen. With Sanchez we would be automatic cellar dwellers, with Sam there is at least a chance, yes a Floyd's snowball chance in hell, but still a chance!!

Comment

Comment

When was the last time 'anything could happen' actually happened here? We're talking about a team that hasn't won anything for over a half of a century.

Comment

When is the last time a team won the Lombardi thanks to a tank season?

Comment

Agree about the injury, but, again, this deal doesn't commit them to anything. They should still draft a qb to groom. I think they can still sign Cox.

As for Sanchez, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've been watching him since he was a rookie with the Jets (not that that makes me an authority on the subject) and he is bad. He could never even match what Bradford did in the last 8 games. He's not capable of even being that "good." I want the Eagles to win a SB as much as anyone else, but at the end of the day, it is entertainment for me 5 months out of the year and I like it when the Eagles win and hate it when they lose. Bradford may not inspire dreams of a Lombardi, but the idea of Sanchez as the full time starting qb is horrifying.
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 03-02-2016, 02:39 PM.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                              When is the last time a team won the Lombardi thanks to a tank season?
                              When Luck wins the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X