No announcement yet.

Interesting Article on BGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years is amazing. They overpaid for a stopgap until they figured out the long term solution. Cox is here at least another 2 years. Hif there is one thing Howie has shown, its ability to handle the cap. (Pained me to say that btw)

I dont think Bradford is as bad as Sanchez, just a notch above though. I don't think Lurie or Howie could fire Chip, make all those moves then sell a season of Mark Sanchez to the fan base. A season of Bradford is much more palatable. It gives the classic Lurie "mirage of success"
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Bradford is Sanchez with fewer picks.

Comment

When he's on the field you mean.

Sanchez sucks but pretty sure Eagles can win 7 games with him this year as they can Bradford.

This year is a throw away for me if I'm GM. Current team is nowhere close to competing with AZ, Carolina, Seattle etc so I'm starting over. I'm stripping team down to foundation and starting process of rebuilding it this year.

I'm playing a cheaper UFA (maybe a Tyrod Taylor emerges again? Thats Howie and scouts' jobs to figure out) or going with a known below avg Sanchez this season only and giving that $$$ I saved to cox.

Bradford absolutely walks.

I'm focusing on nfc title, not just winning division & making playoffs in 2016-17. This team wins NFL east this year they cannot win a SB.
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-03-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Yup and hits his receivers with a better rhythm for yac. Just a notch above. Nothing more.
          Last edited by Diggle; 03-03-2016, 09:42 AM.
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

He started more games last year than any QB from the previous 3 seasons. Or was it 4?
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              also IE is right...it's kind of crazy how long bradford has getting paid without doing anything. the guy will never even be alex smith.
              Someone mentioned awhile back that Sham Badford made around $78 million combined between the Eagles and Rams. This is not counting on this new contract he just got..

Comment

I agree. So what if they paid him $2 million more than they could have? That should mean nothing to us unless it prohibits them from signing Cox, which it doesn't. To me it is a simple question of "what was the better option?" Bradford is better than Sanchez. That is not even debatable to me. I'll say it again - Sanchez is not capable of even performing at the level that Bradford did the second half of the season. And if your preference is to draft a qb, that is still an option. I really don't understand why people think this was such a bad idea. There's no commitment.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  it would be better in the long run to just go 3-13 with chase daniel.
                  Even with Daniel they win 5 or 6 which gets them nowhere in the long run. Obviously they believe they can contend for the division now that Chump and Billy are gone. Signing Bradford gives them more flexibility in this draft. They are not thinking long term rebuild.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    Other than players that have done absolutely nothing (divide by zero) Bradford has probably gotten more $ per performance metric than any other QB I can remember in my lifetime.
                    Does Kolb count as doing nothing? If not, he's got my vote for that ratio.
                    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                    X