Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
    That always works out real well
    Right? I'm sure he'll be happy to play on a one year deal two years in a row.

Barring an injury his value is only going to go up after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
      I've always been a proponent of the "its not my money" school of thought but a 60mil deal would fuck this team up.

I say let him play it out this year, franchise him for a year and then figure it out. Guy has been a stud, but JJ Watt he is not.
      I agree. I thought we were already in "cap hell" ??

Comment

Fuck the Chip Kelly school of thought

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        If he signs for a reasonable amount, sign him.

If he wants outrageous money that would skew everything on the team, trade him for picks or another player.

DT in this year's draft is deep. You're better off blowing up your salary structure for an edge rusher.
        that everyone is replaceable.

This is by far the best player on the team who dominated in a scheme that didn't even take full advantage of his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          I agree. I thought we were already in "cap hell" ??
          Who cares? They don't have a QB and the rest of their good players are pretty much locked up.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Who cares? They don't have a QB and the rest of their good players are pretty much locked up.
            I guess my question is...can they even afford that type of contract right now (literally)? They still have to sign rookies as well.

Comment

It's also the Bill Belichick school of thought.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

It's also the Bill Belichick school of thought.
                Doug Pederson is no Bill Belichick. I don't think anyone will argue that point.

Comment

I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about how a team deals with their players.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

That was what the offer was for.

He turned it down.

60 million guaranteed.

But by all means, let's get greedy and try with the agent's help to drive up the cost for all defensive linemen.

Comment

I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about how a team deals with their players.
                      Great coaches can make average players seem great. But there are very few truly great coaches, and even Belichick has arguably the greatest QB of the era as his starting point every year.

If Cox goes, who else on this team could be considered a truly great player? You're telling me Pederson is going to elevate this team to greatness through 'emotional intelligence'?

We have zero game-changers on offense. We have one indisputable game-changer on defense. I'm sure no one is thinking it's a good idea to let that guy walk because it's what Bill Belichick would do. Maybe that's what Chip was thinking when it came to DJax, McCoy and Maclin. We all saw how that went.

Comment

They offered him 60 million guaranteed.

If he decides to walk, it's not because the team didn't try to keep him. It's because he and his agent decided they wanted to create a new market.

Comment

Luke Kuechly is one of my favourite NFL players and I wanted the Eagles to draft him so badly. Obviously we got Cox instead, which i`m still very happy with, but if we don`t get him signed i`m going to lose it!

Comment

Fuck Skinny Luke.
                            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I don't know what the productive career length is on a DE/DT but playing that position is hard and the peak years are short. Hate to say it but this year and then 2 franchise years seems about right to me.

Comment

This is depressing. Cox is by far my favorite player on the team. Wish they would get this done.

Comment

Working...
                                X