Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they could designate him post-June 1

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    I heard something about it is better to trade him after June 1st so it may not be on draft day.
    But further research showed me that it's only available for cuts, not trades.

Comment

Apparently he hasn't asked for a trade. Maybe his agent is just trying to give a good look.

I have a hard time believing that if a team offers a 2nd or 3rd rounder, the Iggs FO doesn't jump on it...depending on the $$ situation.

I still haven't seen a solid dead-money/cap hit # if a trade were to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        All I used his quote for was to illustrate that Bradford knew this was a one-year deal that the Eagles could easily get out of after one year.

Cox and Norman are apples and oranges. Cox is 25 and has been playing at a high level for 4 NFL seasons, since he came into the league Norman is 28 and has been playing very well for about a year. Norman was a fifth round pick who was not affected by the first-round pick contract status that Cox is (i.e.-fifth year option for $8 million).

Cox is going to get paid, and Bradford's and/or Daniel's money is are not going to limit that. Also- I don't know what you mean by the franchise tag is a sham. It's never been advertised as anything but a way to keep a player with a team in the event that a new contract can't be agreed upon. It's not really "for" the players.

I bet they care about his feelings now...

Like I said...cluuuuster.

Comment

Working...
        X