No announcement yet.

Would it make sense for the Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't disagree. Another reason it would be premature to deal Jah IMO.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I would bring in Westbrook in a heartbeat. Between Okafor , Embid and Simmons they might have a future Durant. Noel is our 5. Westbrook comes in as a 1, Saric a 2. Then decide between Okafor, Embid and Simmons .

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
        I would bring in Westbrook in a heartbeat. Between Okafor , Embid and Simmons they might have a future Durant. Noel is our 5. Westbrook comes in as a 1, Saric a 2. Then decide between Okafor, Embid and Simmons .
        A player of that caliber will not sign here with this current roster. That will probably be a couple years away.

Comment

Saric can't be a 2. Simmons is a 3 in a regular lineup.

Comment

This is one of the least informed basketball posts I've ever read. Congrats.

Comment

why would the Lakers do that?

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
              To trade jah and the pick the Lakers owe them back to the Lakers for the number 2 pick? Simmons and ingram. Just spitballing. Off season sucks
              While they're at it they can give us Jack Nicholson for Will Smith.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Yeah, I'm confused. Where did Westbrook come in? He's probably my favorite player in the NBA right now, but maybe we should add Curry instead. There's no need for all this crazy Madden stuff. We have the first pick in the draft, Saric and Embiid coming in and cap space to fill in the pieces. That's good enough.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

To get okafor and their next first round pick? You don't think that's worth this year's fist?

Comment

well...

I guess Okufor could get his car up to 150 on the LA freeways. Not enough upside to this deal for LA
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Ignoring the fact that if Russ leaves OKC he will most likely be going back home to LAL and won't even consider PHL...he's not even a FA until after next season.

Personally, if I was Colangelo and you think Embiid is ready to go...I call Boston and offer them Jah for #3. Boston wanted him at the deadline and the Sixers said no. Sullinger is a RFA for Boston this year, so they could let him walk and plug Jah at C.

It comes down to whether Boston thinks someone at 3 this year can contribute more than Jah could. Considering Boston has drafted a lot of guards in recent years and that the guys talked about at 3 are guards like Dunn, Murray and Hield or a foreign unknown in Bender, I think Ainge might be inclined to do it.
                      Last edited by Sect 236; 05-18-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Lakers

The expectation seems to be that the Lakers will add DeRozan and Whiteside in free agency. Coupled with Ingram, that gives them a solid starting 5 and a real shot at sneaking into the playoffs in the West.

At the end of the day, I'd bet they probably just miss out. But the pick we get from them will be in the 7-12 range. Also remember, they passed on Okafor last season.
                        Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
                        www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                          To get okafor and their next first round pick? You don't think that's worth this year's fist?
                          I do think they would. I'm agreeing with you.

Comment

His reply was to IG

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                            I do think they would. I'm agreeing with you.
                            I don't think they'd do it. There's a huge difference between the top 2 and top 5 in the NBA. The Lakers pick next year will probably be closer to 10. I don't think they'll want to pass on Ingram/Simmons for Jah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                              Ignoring the fact that if Russ leaves OKC he will most likely be going back home to LAL and won't even consider PHL...he's not even a FA until after next season.
                              I agree with you 100% that Westbrook would never consider Philly but the media's notion that all these high-end FAs wil want to go to a dysfunctional LAL team...I'm not sold.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                                I don't think they'd do it. There's a huge difference between the top 2 and top 5 in the NBA. The Lakers pick next year will probably be closer to 10. I don't think they'll want to pass on Ingram/Simmons for Jah.
                                I read they are willing to pay Whiteside (mistake, IMO). If this doesn't happen, I think Jah is a good move. With their backcourt set (Russell and Clarkson), you need an inside scorer.

With Embiid's health, id like to see Jah and Embiid play together for at least a year and see how it plays out. It's gonna be a fun upcoming month if you're an NBA fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X