• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gator infested lagoons

DISCUSS!!!
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Apparently not well understood by people from Nebraska.

Comment

there was a "no swimming" sign but...

...I guess signs stating "gator infested lagoon" dont encourage tourism that much
      May 7, 2010

Comment

could a gator eat Kelly Green?

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        Apparently not well understood by people from Nebraska.
        just asking
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Mega lawsuit for disney

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          DISCUSS!!!
          Nm
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

JUST PULLED A 3 AND HALF FOOT GATOR OUT OF LEHIGH VALLEY CANAL TWO DAYS AGO. SOMEONE'S PET GOT A BIT TOO BIG.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I blame the parents

nm

Comment

I can see that, but it's a shame that it always comes down to litigation. In many other countries, personal responsibility is highly regarded for safety.

Comment

PR nightmare too

Bring your kids to Disney World - if they survive the killer alligators and terrorists, they'll have a great time!
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    I can see that, but it's a shame that it always comes down to litigation. In many other countries, personal responsibility is highly regarded for safety.
                    Murky water.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...client=safari#
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Disney had to know the critters were in there.

How can they let a 2 year old wander into the water?
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'm sure the lawyers will resolve this in a dignified and fair manner for all involved.

Comment

There are signs all over Hilton Head, SC warning that it is illegal to feed alligators.

The reason for the feeding ban is that a fed alligator will associate humans, which they generally avoid, with food ... and this can lead to what happened to that toddler.

The gator was likely getting fed by tourists ... so, it associates them with food ... comes over where the humans are wading and then when the small kid splashes, thinks its something else to eat.

Don't know the liability, because as the article IE posted says, it depends on the signage, the prior knowledge etc etc

But the tourists who likely were feeding it (I read an article noting that tourists had been throwing food off balconies to them into that lagoon in the past) are probably to blame to some degree, although not legally.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Not to bad...

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                            Bring your kids to Disney World - if they survive the killer alligators and terrorists, they'll have a great time!
                            ...they will lawyer it away, fill in the lagoon or block it off entirely.

A year from now it will all be nearly forgotten.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Haven't been following the story, but I'm curious whether the internet universe has expressed more sadness over the deathof this child or that gorilla that got shot a few weeks back?
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X