Gator infested lagoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Haven't been following the story, but I'm curious whether the internet universe has expressed more sadness over the deathof this child or that gorilla that got shot a few weeks back?
    On Facenutz, the gorilla is way ahead.
    Last edited by The Duck; 06-16-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

That's what I figured...
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Not even close, Gorilla by a wide margin. People mostly only care about who is to blame in the gator case.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
          Not even close, Gorilla by a wide margin. People mostly only care about who is to blame in the gator case.
          And blasting the parents for allowing their little boy to stand ankle deep in water on a totally accessible beach with no gator-warning signs posted anywhere.

Everything is an opportunity for people to announce how superior they are. Not a shred of empathy for this poor family. It's fucked up.

Comment

Yeah its one thing to blame patents for letting a kid fall into a gorilla cage

But letting a kid wade in a Disney beach? Apparently the father was right there and tried to fight off the gator. What a nightmare
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Even with the kid and the gorilla. I don't know all the details but I do have a 2 and a 4 year old who, even if surrounded by 4 adults, will dart into the street on occassion. Kids are nuts and crazy things happen. I've lost track of mine. It happens to every parent. Unless the parents tossed them in the gorilla pit or dangled them over, then I'm hard-pressed to go nuts over it.

And of course you shoot the f'ing gorilla.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Pretty much this.

I don't blame the family at all. As a Floridian I assume that any fresh body of water has gators in it, I can see how a family from the middle of US would be ignorant of this, especially at fucking Disney world. There weren't any signs posted that warned of gators and Disney is going to get the piss sued out of them because of that.

Like you said people just love to use these things to feed their smug sense of self satisfaction. For Christs sake the father had to try and wrestle a gator to save his sons life.
                Last edited by broadstreetparade; 06-16-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    But letting a kid wade in a Disney beach? Apparently the father was right there and tried to fight off the gator. What a nightmare
                    I'm not in favor of lawsuits but in this case Disney needs to lose their shirts on this one. No Alligator Warning signs, and the kid was in ankle deep water. Why are there no gates closing the main waterways off to the resorts beaches?

Comment

Disney probably allready paid the parents off. Swept under the rug.

Comment

By the way it was a manmade lake.

Comment

They pulled five alligators out of the lake looking for the kid. Five! Why no signs?

Comment

Hard to say. Anyone who's been will tell you that Disney works very hard to protect its image while you are there. They want you to feel like you are on a different planet where there's no worries and everything is sunshine and ponies. Maybe posting signs of danger of man eating alligators takes away from that. Sounds silly but not Unfathomable if you know the lengths Disney goes through to protect the image.

Also it worth noting the area this attack happened on is a beach, where you can go to walk on or sit in beach chairs in the sand. It's not just some uninviting hole in the ground with water in it.
                            Last edited by broadstreetparade; 06-16-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I thought there were signs? But yea, it's a beach with sand and lounge chairs nearby. They even show outdoor movies right by there. It's not like the kid crawled under a fence and fell into a lagoon.

Comment

There's signs posted that just say "steep drop off. Deep water. No swimming."

Nothing that would make one assume that there is any real danger in going into the water or think there's gators in there.

The lake is also man made which will also put them at fault for providing an unnatural environment for gators to habitate.

Comment

Working...
                                X