No announcement yet.

How much time do you think drafting Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And money! Gotta be able to pay them once they are legit. Definitely a ways away, but heading in the right direction, IMO.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I was thinking about this this morning. The only guy who can take the personnel job from Howie is FF when he decides to stop coaching. And the. Howie will still be the money guy.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Dallas had Wentz as the 7th best player

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        Most reports say that Wentz would have been there even if they hadn't traded up. The Dallas bored had CW listed as the 10th player on their draft list.
        Wentz wasn't going to be there at number 8.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...rterback-trade

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          Teflon Howie
          I remember we used to think the same thing about #ratface (@joebanner13).

To think that anyone working for Jeff Lurie is teflon is to ignore the last five years. Stability hasn't exactly been a hallmark of the post-Christina/mid-life crisis era.

Howie has two years. Less if he displays insufficient emotional intelligence at any given time.

Comment

Who the fuck is we? Ignoring what? The fact that Howie is more responsible for the cluster fuck this organization is in right now than any single person still there? You can't get any more teflon. The fucking owner wouldn't even admit that Howie got his power back to the public.

Comment

I read where they had him at 10

Even still, they still had the guy they took as the number one overall so they likely still would have taken him where they did.

Also note that the article mentions that they're not even sure that was the final Cowboy board as it was hand written.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                Who the fuck is we? Ignoring what? The fact that Howie is more responsible for the cluster fuck this organization is in right now than any single person still there? You can't get any more teflon. The fucking owner wouldn't even admit that Howie got his power back to the public.
                We is the entire board, going back it its inception. Banner was the owner's untouchable boyhood friend. Until he wasn't anymore.

Same goes for Roseman. Don't think Lurie isn't noticing the dwindling crab fry sales at TC this year.

Comment

I don't see it as the Jones family schooling Howie

Even still, they still had the guy they took as the number one overall so they likely still would have taken him where they did.

Also note that the article mentions that they're not even sure that was the final Cowboy board as it was hand written.
                  I believe the Cowboys were giving Wentz serious consideration and certainly SF (drafting at 6 or 7) had their sights on a QB. I wanted Wentz foremost even before the Eagles trade with Miami and so I applaud Howie's effort to get him. I believe the Bradford / Wentz situation was fluid from the start. Bradford without Wentz was a real possibility. If you have Wentz, then trading Bradford was a possibility... And if the value wasn't there in a trade, then keep both.

Comment

I don't see it as the Jones family schooling Howie

I believe the Cowboys were giving Wentz serious consideration and certainly SF (drafting at 6 or 7) had their sights on a QB. I wanted Wentz foremost even before the Eagles trade with Miami and so I applaud Howie's effort to get him. I believe the Bradford / Wentz situation was fluid from the start. Bradford without Wentz was a real possibility. If you have Wentz, then trading Bradford was a possibility... And if the value wasn't there in a trade, then keep both.

Comment

Mike McCormack Jr.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

For a decade Lurie knew that no matter how the season ended in inevitable disappointment the fans were crazy for the team. Business was good. I think last season and into this season there are the first signs of "meh" out there (as some on here have pointed out). That makes Lurie more nervous than anything on the field. But I also think he is legit pissed that he doesn't have a Lombadi. It makes him look like a second class member of the owners club.
                        Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-01-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I think he gets at least a game.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Ben Simmons!!

Comment

You see the story about Simmons buying a kid a pair of shoes at the mall? My wife saw me scrolling through pictures of Simmons to put up this avatar and now derides me with a "what are you doing, looking at more pictures of dude basketball players?" every time I'm on my tablet. THAT'S RIGHT, I AM. BECAUSE HE'S F*CKING AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                                You see the story about Simmons buying a kid a pair of shoes at the mall? My wife saw me scrolling through pictures of Simmons to put up this avatar and now derides me with a "what are you doing, looking at more pictures of dude basketball players?" every time I'm on my tablet. THAT'S RIGHT, I AM. BECAUSE HE'S F*CKING AWESOME.
                                And Joel's new video on twitter of him working out. Talk about a god damn stud. Thats a player who will take advantage of his skill when its needed. Take advantage of his size when its needed. Then take advantage of his quickness when its needed. He has it ALL. Pray he stays healthy

Comment

Working...
                                X