Pedey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedey

I like his approach. I just hope he knows his limitations. No reason to be an offensive guru if you can hire one.

Pederson said monitoring players' sleep is one area that has been scaled back. He wants players to know the technology and support is available, but he also does not want them to feel it’s mandatory or being pushed toward them.

“If guys want it it’s there available to them, but at the same time we’re not going to force it down anybody’s throat, so to speak. The availability is there,” Pederson said. “But it’s been introduced to the team and they’ve been exposed to it for the last couple of years. At the end of the day, they’re football players. And, again, it’s that one-on-one communication. ‘How are you feeling? Are you getting enough sleep? I can tell if you haven’t slept last night.’ It shows up. Out here it’s going to show up.”
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Yeah, totally agree. I think he is going to be popular with the players. A guy they will play for. Basically Reid 2.0. Hopefully he gets it together on Sundays or gets the right people around him.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      Yeah, totally agree. I think he is going to be popular with the players. A guy they will play for. Basically Reid 2.0. Hopefully he gets it together on Sundays or gets the right people around him.
      I hope you're right, but I'll reserve judgement until he has to deal with something that really tests his leadership. Something akin to the Riley Cooper incident. So far, he hasn't had to pull his troops through a close game or any real adversity.

That being said, the Bradford situation was handled well, IMO.

Comment

Great. Back off the gas on a weak ass team.

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        I like his approach. I just hope he knows his limitations. No reason to be an offensive guru if you can hire one.
        Reid was a hard ass coming in. On the other hand, Pederson is like the Bernie Sanders of coaches. Give them what they want... more free shit.

Not surprised you like this pussy-ass approach.

It comes in rainbow bitch.
        Last edited by Drama Queen; 07-30-2016, 08:11 PM. Reason: Add: Free tee shirt for Maniac

Comment

Yeah ... next thing he'll be saying is attending practice in a timely fashion is one area that has been scaled back. He wants players to know alarm clocks are available, but he also does not want them to feel it’s mandatory or being pushed toward them.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah. It's important win everyone over. You have to be well liked with millionaires playing under you in today's NFL. You don't want to hurt their feelings that everyone is predicting they'll finish with 4 wins.

Comment

Oh, and now he's fucking Pedey because he's being a pussy?

Geezus. Did you just get done flicking your bean when you posted that?

Comment

'16 and '17 are mulligans anyway. There's no reason he can't learn to be a good coach by the time this team has the tools to compete. Treating his players like men is as good a starting point as we could ask for.

Dougy P is the least of my concerns with this team.

Comment

The sleep monitor thing was a complete asshole move by Kelly. Did he wear one? Would you like it if your employer made you wear one?

I wouldn't like being monitored.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    '16 and '17 are mulligans anyway. There's no reason he can't learn to be a good coach by the time this team has the tools to compete. Treating his players like men is as good a starting point as we could ask for.

Dougy P is the least of my concerns with this team.
                    Dougy seems like Gomer to me, but I agree he gets a season or two to prove himself. I have no problem with a player's coach... the bottom line is winning.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      Reid was a hard ass coming in. On the other hand, Pederson is like the Bernie Sanders of coaches. Give them what they want... more free shit.

Not surprised you like this pussy-ass approach.

It comes in rainbow bitch.
                      I'll take the PeterBern over High School Hillary any day of the week.

(no, this isn't remotely political)

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        Dougy seems like Gomer to me, but I agree he gets a season or two to prove himself. I have no problem with a player's coach... the bottom line is winning.
                        Me too. But I suck in front of crowds and cameras. so I can empathize. How much the players want to run through the wall for him is the only thing I care about.

Comment

I think Pedeyphiles like Maniac put a lot of stock in this sensitive approach. Easy up. Don't hurt their feelings. Give them free shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            I think Pedeyphiles like Maniac put a lot of stock in this sensitive approach. Easy up. Don't hurt their feelings. Give them free shit.
                            Being a grown ass man means you don't need mama to tell you when it's bedtime.

Sleep monitors bring totalitarian doughbaggery to levels unseen in our time. Fuck Chip.

Comment

Actually, sleep has been widely undervalued in general ... those fucking wristbands are selling like hotcakes.
                              Last edited by slag; 07-30-2016, 09:14 PM. Reason: typo
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X