Pedey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    Actually, sleep has been widely undervalued in general ... those fucking wristbands are selling like hotcakes.
    Pedersen said they were available just not mandatory. Up to them to decide how much sleep they need. If they don't perform, they lose their job.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Who's the guaranteed genius you would have hired? Lombardi wasn't available.

Kelly had to go. I didn't see much out there. Coughlin could have been interesting. They picked the guy they knew best. A reasonable strategy.

I wouldn't bet any money on his success but so far, so good. Granted it's hard to fuck up in training camp (unless you're Chip Kelly). The possibility of FF brain freezes during the games concerns me. I wish he wasn't calling plays. I don't care for head coaches calling plays in general.

Comment

Lurie replaced him with what appears to be another shitshow.
        I get that you're pessimistic but what appears to be a "shitshow" about Pedersen so far? All I see is that he's not an egomaniac and he's not full of BS. That doesn't make him a good head coach but it doesn't make him a shitshow either.

Let 'em play some games before you get overwrought.

Comment

Aside from that stupid ass call in the playoffs at the end of the game, what give you any evidence he can or cannot call plays?

And give me a fucking break on no other coaches out there ... Gase turned them down probably because he didn't want to work with Howlo, Hue Jackson was out there ... shit, I'd have been happier with Doug fucking Marrone.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

From where I live, it takes me all day and costs about 200 a game before one damn crab fry in my gullet ... I hope he's Chuck fucking Noles.

Comment

PS - I frankly find it hilarious that you're chastising me about this under qualified goober after relentlessly wringing your hands from jump on Chippy and, from my seat, rooting for him to fail.

Comment

I have no definitive evidence he can or cannot call plays and never said otherwise. In fact, I said I'd rather the head coach didn't call plays. But you have no evidence of the shit storm you keep talking about.

Kelly deserved to be fired. Why all the anger?
                Last edited by Maniac; 07-31-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

From where I live, it takes me all day and costs about 200 a game before one damn crab fry in my gullet ... I hope he's Chuck fucking Noles.
                  Hope and pessimism are not opposites.

Anyway how is it that not liking Kelly = Rooting against the Birds but not liking Pedersen isnt?

Comment

Pederson has done nothing to deserve scorn from me yet. He's said some things that give me concern about his aptitude on game day but we haven't had a game day yet. All we can judge is his relationship with the team and that has been positive imo.

That said I don't disagree about the coaching search. Coughlin was just being a jilted lover but not giving Jackson or McDermott a look was troubling. I think Lurie swung the pendulum back to Reid too quickly and I think Roseman's presence hurt them. But I'll wait to judge Pederson on the merits. At least until he blows 3 time puts in the first quarter of the opener and runs his first 6 minute drill.
                    Last edited by McCarthy12; 07-31-2016, 01:17 PM.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      That said I don't disagree about the coaching search. Coughlin was just being a jilted lover but not giving Jackson or McDermott a look was troubling.
                      I would have preferred a more experienced hire like Jackson or McDermott but not enough to be pissed off. They don't strike me as world beaters.

Like the DC and Frank Reich.

Comment

I think Jackson is going to be a very good HC. Of course he's coaching the Browns so we'll see...
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Even his players think he's a moron

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          Who's the guaranteed genius you would have hired? Lombardi wasn't available.

Kelly had to go. I didn't see much out there. Coughlin could have been interesting. They picked the guy they knew best. A reasonable strategy.

I wouldn't bet any money on his success but so far, so good. Granted it's hard to fuck up in training camp (unless you're Chip Kelly). The possibility of FF brain freezes during the games concerns me. I wish he wasn't calling plays. I don't care for head coaches calling plays in general.
                          So don't take my word for it. They are all just so happy that Chip isn't there that they would've taken Rich Kotite, okay?

But answer my question: Three years ago, if someone told you that in 2016 Doug freaking Pederson was going to be the coach, your reaction would be what?
                          DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                            So don't take my word for it. They are all just so happy that Chip isn't there that they would've taken Rich Kotite, okay?

But answer my question: Three years ago, if someone told you that in 2016 Doug freaking Pederson was going to be the coach, your reaction would be what?
                            What player said Pederson was a moron?

I guess my reaction would have been that Kelly must have really fucked up.

Comment

Aside from that stupid ass call in the playoffs at the end of the game, what give you any evidence he can or cannot call plays?

And give me a fucking break on no other coaches out there ... Gase turned them down probably because he didn't want to work with Howlo, Hue Jackson was out there ... shit, I'd have been happier with Doug fucking Marrone.
                              I would of went to Philly with pitchforks if they hired Doug Marrone.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                                I think Jackson is going to be a very good HC. Of course he's coaching the Browns so we'll see...
                                I wanted Vic Fangio

Comment

Working...
                                X