No announcement yet.

Pedey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it you think I'm angry about? As for Chip, I fail to see how the merits of his firing have anything to do with any position I've taken here.

And there is as much evidence of a shit show when a lawyer who drafted Danny Watkins and Mucus Smith is back in charge and hires a guy who's prior head coaching experience is high school as there was when you declared the guy that lawyer previously hired was HS Harry.
    Last edited by slag; 07-31-2016, 02:21 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      What is it you think I'm angry about? As for Chip, I fail to see how the merits of his firing have anything to do with any position I've taken here.

And there is as much evidence of a shit show when a lawyer who drafted Danny Watkins and Mucus Smith is back in charge and hires a guy who's prior head coaching experience is high school as there was when you declared the guy that lawyer previously hired was HS Harry.

Chip's ineptitude led to Howie's resurgence.

And you sound awfully angry about that.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Yah ... I'm smokin'

Comment

It isn't ... and I didn't write that you didn't like Kelly.

What I wrote that it seemed to me you were rooting for Kelly to fail from the get go ... I'm not rooting for Pederson to fail ... I want him to be Chuck fucking Noles.

Comment

It isn't ... and I didn't write that you didn't like Kelly.

What I wrote that it seemed to me you were rooting for Kelly to fail from the get go ... I'm not rooting for Pederson to fail ... I want him to be Chuck fucking Noles.
            Kelly was a hard guy to like but always Eagles first. I'm as skeptical about Pedey as anybody but I don't mind a coach who isn't a smug asshole. Unless he's Buddy.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Being a what you characterize as "smug asshole" is not a prerequisite but it, frankly, is a pretty common characteristic of good football coaches.

Kelly's failure to adequately adjust his game in Philadelphia notwithstanding, I don't like having the suspicion that the dress-socks-gym-class GM went for a lightweight he could control because he didn't like a guy who didn't sufficiently genuflect.

Comment

Being a what you characterize as "smug asshole" is not a prerequisite but it, frankly, is a pretty common characteristic of good football coaches.

Kelly's failure to adequately adjust his game in Philadelphia notwithstanding, I don't like having the suspicion that the dress-socks-gym-class GM went for a lightweight he could control because he didn't like a guy who didn't sufficiently genuflect.
                Roseman has no good reason to believe he'll get to keep his job if Pederson is a failure. And there's no good reason for him to believe he'll be able to control Pederson if he becomes the second coming of Andy Reid.

Say what you will about Howie, but the guy hasn't come this far by making stupid, emotional decisions regarding his future. Hiring a lightweight loser for the sake of controlling him is short-sighted, self defeating, and really stupid.

I think you're over-analyzing this. They hired Pederson because it was weak crop, there was minimal interest in the job, and the more they looked at him, the more he looked like FF circa '99. I really think that's all there is to it.

Comment

Doesn't take much analysis to add 2 and 2.

But maybe he's Chuck fucking Noll and I'll buy some crab fries again.

Comment

Doesn't take much analysis to add 2 and 2.

But maybe he's Chuck fucking Noll and I'll buy some crab fries again.
                    I'm not trying to sell crab fries. I'm just saying that hiring a coach on the basis of being a controllable loser is horrible strategery for a guy as career-focused as Howie is.

Comment

Howlo hired Kelly ... he's still here.

Comment

Howlo hired Kelly ... he's still here.
                        18 months removed from being demoted to office supply expense auditor. I wouldn't be too comfy in that GM chair if I were Roseman.

Comment

Removed?

You mean when they gave him a nice raise and made up a no-show job for him?

Hey, me and the Soprano crew will take that all fuckin' day long.

Comment

Removed?

You mean when they gave him a nice raise and made up a no-show job for him?

Hey, me and the Soprano crew will take that all fuckin' day long.
                            Demoted. "Removed from" was used in place of "since".

In spite of the raise, he was stripped of the GM duties. That tells me he's not as untouchable as the conventional wisdom says he is.
                            Last edited by The Duck; 08-01-2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Fine ... demoted ... the point remains that Lurie didn't want him to go.

Comment

Fine ... demoted ... the point remains that Lurie didn't want him to go.
                                I know. He hedged when he turned the thing over to Chump. I'm not suggesting Howie is totally disposable in Lurie's eyes, I'm just not buying into the Teflon-coated golden boy conventional wisdom that's going around. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
                                Last edited by The Duck; 08-02-2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X