Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is Klentak doing?

Or more precisely, not doing.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Overvaluing his talent. Hellickson is what he is which is mediocre.

Comment

Or perhaps he'd prefer in the off season to make a qualifying offer in hopes Hellickson returns.. And in that case if he doesn't the Phils end up with a draft pick somewhere around 30-50... So unless he was offered something better than those options I can't say I blame him...
      Last edited by ThreeHeadedMonster; 08-01-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

You think Hellickson is a piece of the Phillies' future plans?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          You think Hellickson is a piece of the Phillies' future plans?
          I don't.. but I think they make out better with a QO than dealing him at the deadline.

Comment

Or perhaps a deal later in the season. Still could happen.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Not if he takes it.

Although I think I heard Boras is his agent and the FA starting pitcher market is thin so there's a good chance he rejects it.

Comment

He'd have to clear waivers.

Comment

The phillies choose the QO gambit I think. Not sure I agree, but hard to say w/o seeing what they were offered. I think the thought process is that unless they could get a top 30-50 prospect for him, they'd rather go the QO route.

That of course means we need him to continue to pitch well, decline the QO and sign elsewhere (no small feat). The starter market this winter is hot garbage and Hellickson has a case for being the 2nd best starter available. Plus, last year a guy like Wei-Yin Chen (of the 4.99 ERA this year) signed for 80/5.

Phils are betting on hellickson pitching well. If he continues, they'll get a pick for him.
                  Last edited by JuTMSY4; 08-02-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

And?
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Phills have some decent pitching this year. Hang on to everyone. Hard to find in this day and age.

Comment

Working...
                      X