No announcement yet.

wrong about Gomer so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He better change the formation on those screens ... the Browns were waiting every time but one.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

wentz did a nice job of feeling the outside rush and adjusting his passing angles in those instances. might have been dumb luck and the fact that the pass rushers were inexperienced as well but I was very impressed with wentz' awareness.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

You could see it the preseason game ... his body language is that he thinks he belongs out there ... reminded me of the vibe DeSean Jackson projected the first time I saw him practicing at Lehigh.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wentz needs his Brian Westbrook. That was one of my big takeaways from yesterdays based on the play calls.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He's got his chad lewis

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Wentz needs his Brian Westbrook. That was one of my big takeaways from yesterdays based on the play calls.
            Ertz looked pretty solid, but did take some hits.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              This. Please.

I heard Pederson talking this morning about that 4th down call. Sounded like he had really done his homework on the Browns DC and knew what would be coming. Was a good call and and very good throw by Wentz. Cautiously optimistic about Pederson.
              There were two moments from yesterday that really stuck out to me.

The first showed me a lot about Pedey as a play caller. It was in the 3rd quarter. 3rd and 1 from their own 36 and they throw a pitch to Mathews for a 6 yard gain. The next play, it looks like they're running the exact same play, but instead of actually pitching it to Mathews, Wentz holds onto the ball, rolls to his right (while most of the Browns are pursuing to the left to stop the pitch) and hits Matthews coming across the middle for a 12 yard gain. Perfectly called back to back plays.

The other showed me a lot about Wentz. It was in the 2nd quarter, there was a clear blitz coming up the middle. Wentz was under center, recognized it, called an audible and then took the snap from the shotgun and hit Matthews for a big gain. It was great poise and decision making from the rookie and something that a QB wouldn't even be allowed to do last year.
              Last edited by Sect 236; 09-12-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X