$600 to $800 for this new I-phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $600 to $800 for this new I-phone

...are any of you Wangnuts camped out to buy a phone? At least its not going to blow up like a Samsung
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

We'll probably be getting them, as our current iPhones (5, 5S) are starting to show their age. But there's no fucking way I'm standing in line. I'll do what I usually do - order online and have it sent to me.

Comment

Mrs. Slizz and I upgraded from our iPhone 5s. They should arrive today. I got the 128 gig. Hoping to get 5 years out of it.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

at this points

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Mrs. Slizz and I upgraded from our iPhone 5s. They should arrive today. I got the 128 gig. Hoping to get 5 years out of it.
        Phones are reaching a relative peak. the Year over year models aren't much of an improvement anymore.

Comment

We usually buy the outgoing model. But my wife was impressed by the extended battery life, and the water/dust resistance. Those two things take care if a lot of what goes wrong with a phone.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

No Headphone output either I heard

you have to buy an adapter you plug in the charging port. How much money are they making/saving?
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

The lemmings must not be walking over the edge so much for this model. Ordered ours last Saturday and ETA was mid October. They have both shipped and will arrive today. If your 5S is still in good shape, they'll pulling $125 gift cards from Apple's buyback program, or $80 cash on Gazelle.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

It's probably not about saving money. From what I've read, it's about taking away one more potential point of water ingress. Well, and yeah, it ultimately does let them sell new accessories.

The phone does come with a lightning-to-headphone adapter. The only drawback is that you can't charge and use the headphones at the same time. They also sell (and have sold for a while now) a relatively inexpensive dock that includes the headphone adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  ...are any of you Wangnuts camped out to buy a phone? At least its not going to blow up like a Samsung
                  I'll get the 7 when they release the 8s. Paying a premium for this stuff is madness.

Comment

Bluetooth is what they want to sell with it

but as we all know that shit does not compare to some good Buds.....ear buds I mean

U could charge and listen that way.
                    Last edited by TRENT; 09-16-2016, 12:57 PM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

I hate ear buds. Give me a big pair of AKG K240s and I'm in good shape.

It's fairly easy to get a third party bluetooth adapter for wired headphones. But I really only use my (wired) headphones at my desk, so the dock will work nicely.

Comment

True(ish)

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        Phones are reaching a relative peak. the Year over year models aren't much of an improvement anymore.
                        This year specifically is kind of a throwaway as the major updates will be coming in the iPhone 8's next year for the 10-year anniversary of the launch of the first iPhone.
                        Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
                        www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

so...

Originally posted by Hordel View Post
                          This year specifically is kind of a throwaway as the major updates will be coming in the iPhone 8's next year for the 10-year anniversary of the launch of the first iPhone.
                          they're holding back a year on technology so their competitors can get a jump?

Comment

The technology is pretty much the same. It really just comes down to whether you prefer iOS or android. I prefer to have iOS, my iPhone is the only Apple product I own. It does bother me that they don't allow expandable memory though.

Comment

not what I meant

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                              The technology is pretty much the same. It really just comes down to whether you prefer iOS or android. I prefer to have iOS, my iPhone is the only Apple product I own. It does bother me that they don't allow expandable memory though.
                              i mean phones in general have slowed, so waiting a year or keeping a phone for 3 years isn't as big of a deal anymore.

Apple versus Android is largely irrelevant. I use android because both my work and personal stuff works well with my phone. However, my mom and wife both like the intuitive iphones and I don't blame them. Whatever works - the fanboy-ness of phones is silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X