• Torrey Smith by 4pm Today

DO IT HOWIE!

Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Rather have Jeffrey

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        Rather have Jeffrey
        you're not wrong, but Jeffrey isn't a feasible trade. Why give up a 2 for 10 weeks of Jeffrey and then either let him walk or pay him FA money at the end of the season?

If Jeffrey were to extend as part of the trade, I'd be down, although knowing you can get him at the end of the season, makes it less palatable. Plus, no reason for Jeffrey to extend unless he's worried about injuries.

Comment

Rather have Jeffrey
          Gimme Gordon and Manziel.
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

I understand that TO has announced that he's available.

Comment

I'm with U Ells

Faster more Upside.

Personally I do not think we pull the trigger...I don't see Chipper helping or Dealing with Howie in any way!
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Agreed. Get Smith for a conditional late round pick and/or Agholor. Jeffrey isn't worth the investment but Smith could help our chances to make the postseason.

Comment

I'm against trading for anyone. Keep picks and build internally with the new head of scouting. He was hired for a reason.

This team doesn't need that 1 guy now to get over the hump. They (we) aren't championship caliber so don't waste a pick for a rental you don't need this season.

Comment

Heard this AM the last Browns W came with Manziel under center. Didn't believe it but looked it up and the true. Week 14 of the 2015 season.

Comment

The only trades this team should be making is getting rid of players for picks.

Comment

I'm against trading for anyone. Keep picks and build internally with the new head of scouting. He was hired for a reason.

This team doesn't need that 1 guy now to get over the hump. They (we) aren't championship caliber so don't waste a pick for a rental you don't need this season.
                        Yup.

Comment

Rental no ... longer term contract for a legit #1 WR at the price of a two ... yes.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Smith isn't worth the $$$ he's owed IMO so that just leaves Jeffrey.

He is a legit #1 WR and has great hands. But he will cost a lot to sign after the season (that's if he would even entertain an offer to play here. He's a southern kid so may want to get closer to a warmer climate? That's gonna be part of talks with his agent before any deal could be struck.

He missed 7 games last year too. Not saying he's injury prone but still that's something to add to the equation.

Im just not big on signing other people's guys to extensions in general. Seems to rarely pan out in our favor.

Worth the risk? It's a very tough call.
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-01-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              The only trades this team should be making is getting rid of players for picks.
                              More picks? Why? They can't draft. The only way they're getting a good WR is by trading for one drafted by people who can evaluate WRs.
                              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                              X