No announcement yet.

Wentz can't close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rookie QB facing a defense coming off a bye week should have trouble. I'm sure they had a few coverage tricks early that threw him off.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
      A rookie QB facing a defense coming off a bye week should have trouble. I'm sure they had a few coverage tricks early that threw him off.
      I'm not saying I don't agree that he should be better in the clutch. He hasn't been...but it's 4 games. Continues next year... Then it's a problem.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        Rgknee was solid in the clutch his rookie year... How did that work out for him?
        About as relevant as bringing up Eli Manning's rookie year. Not calling Wentz a bust but the limited sample size of clutch opportunities has not been good. Hope he becomes a QB that turns these games into wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
          About as relevant as bringing up Eli Manning's rookie year. Not calling Wentz a bust but the limited sample size of clutch opportunities has not been good. Hope he becomes a QB that turns these games into wins.
          Why? Both are relevant. First years are weird. Some guys look like trash and end up good...others set records and total shit later.

He should be better in the clutch...I want him to be better in the clutch...but his mechanics have gotten pretty bad recently and passes he wasn't missing earlier...he is now.

Another part of it... Play calling has been shitty too. They've forgotten to work the middle of the field towards the ends of games... Or not done it enough.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Is Bill Belichick's first year coaching relevant to Dougies? I'd say no. But if you think so I will feel pretty damn good about Gomer going forward.

Comment

Really? Pointing out other quarterbacks who struggled as rookies, but got their shit together later on is irrelevant?

What doesn't make sense is your comparison to Pederson. Doug was an NFL qb and an OC for years before this. He's been around the league for a long time. He should know when to kick a fg.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Really? Pointing out other quarterbacks who struggled as rookies, but got their shit together later on is irrelevant?
                Why is Eli Manning more relevant of a comparison to Wentz than say Belichick's rookie head coaching season to Pederson? Guess we are all out of control for bashing the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                  Is Bill Belichick's first year coaching relevant to Dougies? I'd say no. But if you think so I will feel pretty damn good about Gomer going forward.
                  actually, belichick was pretty terrible till he got brady.

records were 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11, 5-11 and then super bowl.

so, 6 years...1 winning season. but everyone knew he was a genius because of it..am i right?

yes, i can say it's relevant...sometimes it takes a while for rookies...coaches, qb's, other players, to find their stride.

i'm not saying they will...but...come on.

i can say any coach is relevant to dougie...especially a rookie coach...because you don't know how it's going to play out.

everyone thought chip was a genius after his rookie year. now, not so much.

everyone hates dougie right now. maybe he's shit and this is the tail spin...maybe he gets new players and figures it out.

same goes for wentz. his problem...more than anything...are mechanics. that's why they wanted to sit him for bradford..but then they said that his mental make up is enough to overcome it.

let's not forget...it's not like he has been a qb from day one. he didn't play qb till his senior year of high school and even struggle then because of injuries.

it's going to take time...but this "he's not clutch"....come on.

yes, rookies get a pass as far as i'm concerned. except running backs. if they don't play well right away...they are probably shit.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                    Are you being sarcastic? I don't care if it's 1AA or Division 3. The guy has proven he has the mentality to win in the clutch.

Eli Manning was absolute dogsh*t his rookie year. He turned out to be pretty clutch. You guys are out of control.
                    Eli Manning is still dog shit to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                      He's started 8 NFL games.

This. Game. Is. On. Pedey.
                      And Pedeys coached 8 NFL games. One of them better step up or its going to be a long second half. I'm not expecting it to be Pederson.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        actually, belichick was pretty terrible till he got brady.

records were 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11, 5-11 and then super bowl.

so, 6 years...1 winning season. but everyone knew he was a genius because of it..am i right?

yes, i can say it's relevant...sometimes it takes a while for rookies...coaches, qb's, other players, to find their stride.

i'm not saying they will...but...come on.

i can say any coach is relevant to dougie...especially a rookie coach...because you don't know how it's going to play out.

everyone thought chip was a genius after his rookie year. now, not so much.

everyone hates dougie right now. maybe he's shit and this is the tail spin...maybe he gets new players and figures it out.

same goes for wentz. his problem...more than anything...are mechanics. that's why they wanted to sit him for bradford..but then they said that his mental make up is enough to overcome it.

let's not forget...it's not like he has been a qb from day one. he didn't play qb till his senior year of high school and even struggle then because of injuries.

it's going to take time...but this "he's not clutch"....come on.

yes, rookies get a pass as far as i'm concerned. except running backs. if they don't play well right away...they are probably shit.
                        My fear all along is that Wentz would get thrown into the fire too soon. It would be good if he can bounce back after a couple of bad games.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          My fear all along is that Wentz would get thrown into the fire too soon. It would be good if he can bounce back after a couple of bad games.
                          thing is...he didn't fold. he threw 2 early picks...and wasn't sharp at all...but he didn't turn into brad goebel.

they didn't win..moral victories are crap...but he didn't fold.

joe folded...carson just played like shit.

Comment

Please. We'd take his Super Bowl success in a second.
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Anyone questioning Wentz's long-term chances at success is a dumbass.

He is a rookie QB, with a rookie coach and 10 pieces of dogshit lining up around him every Sunday. The fact that he has won half the games he has played is impressive. Most thought that after Bradford was traded the Eagles were throwing up the white flag and would go 2-14.

Wentz is already terrific by rookie standards and is only going to get better when he is surrounded by talented players.

It is true...Philly eats its young!!!

Comment

The philly media crowned his ass too soon

Comment

Working...
                                X