How many fucking times to I have to tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    my sister in law to stop buying me horseshit like door stops that double as putting practice holes and Sylvester the Cat golf figurines?

PRO V fuckin' I, dammit!!!
    I MISS PLAYIN. WAS HIGH 70'S LOW 80'S ON PRETTY MUCH ANY COURSE.
    LOVED FLYING HILLS AND HAWK VALLEY. CENTER SQUARE WAS 1 OVER FOR THE DAY. MY BEST ROUND. BOGEY ON 17.

NOW IT'S ALL OVER WITH LOSIN MY SHOULDER.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
      This is one of those threads that reminds me why this is the best message board on the internet.
      DIG THE HOLE FIRST, GIVE EM A LITTLE MORE TIME, SIT EM DOWN NEXT TO THE HOLE, TOSS A MILKBONE IN THE HOLE, SAY GOOD NIGHT JOHNBOY.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        I'm tempted to just toss it off a bridge. Things name is geronimo so it's only fitting, right?

I lold irl

Comment

I live in a capitol. Can't exactly give her a 10 second head start and start squeezing off rounds.

Or can I?

Comment

[QUOTE=slag;1873453]I think the statement that you don't get the full effect unless your swing is over 105 with pro V is probably true, but the suggestion that they fuck up shots for not low handicappers is bullshit IMO.

I once hit a variety of balls on a simulator that measured spin ... the pro V I had the lowest of all the balls I hit.

Which means it reduces the effect of a bad shot the best.

You may not need to spend that much for a ball that works fine if you're not a really low handicapper, but a pro V won't hurt and they feel good off the putter.

And if it's a gift ... why not?[/QUOTE

The problem for a high handicapper using a Pro V is that you can't hit the ball hard enough to make it work without the clubhead speed. The Bridgestone balls sell very well. We've had three test days with the swing speed monitor and ball flight/spin program and the E 6's are a nice low spin ball. I do like the B 330 tour balls. Very comparable to a Pro V
            Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Bridgestone 6 Was one of the 3 balls I got today from my MIL.

Other 2:Nike and a lady ram. The ram suits my game best.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-25-2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

128 proof, 12 year old bourbon

But she told me to drink half of the bottle and drive myself home.
                A hint?
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Bridgestone 6 Was one of the 3 balls I got today from my MIL.

Other 2:Nike and a lady ram. The ram suits my game best.
                  When I was a teenager, the backyard of our house was on the left side of one of the greens for a golf course. We had a backyard (a lawn, not too big) behind the house and then a buffer of not too dense woods which was also part of the property with the house... my family owns it. It was not suitable for development at the time but my mom and dad own this piece of woods between the backyard and the golf course.

My little sister used to go out into our woods every couple of months and she would come back with literally a bucket of golf balls.

We pulled all sorts of shenanigans there. Me and and one of my best friends used to trespass on the golf course all of the time to walk across to some movie theaters and the mall that was on the other side of the golf course.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

What does swing speed matter as far as a pro v1 is concerned? Its all about spin control and scoring around the green. I know quite a few single digit handicap guys that struggle to drive the ball 250 and use a pro v1. I've never seen a ball grab the way they do.

Comment

mmhmm

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                      CAUSE IT'S EASY AND TAKES NO THOUGHT. THEY TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. PERIOD.

I ALWAYS SAY DON'T BUY ME ANYTHING. MAKES IT EASY.
                      I agree. I usually float donations to charity.
                      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 12-26-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

You play with spin control?
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Bridge 6 is my usual ball

and a lady ram. The ram suits my game best.
                          Bwaaa!
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

My home course pretty much demands it and a few more in the area are similar as well. One hop, two hop stop. If you are paying $4 dollars for a prov1 because the box tells you they give you 2 extra yards on a drive, I'd say you're wasting money.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                              What does swing speed matter as far as a pro v1 is concerned? Its all about spin control and scoring around the green. I know quite a few single digit handicap guys that struggle to drive the ball 250 and use a pro v1. I've never seen a ball grab the way they do.

If your clubhead speed is below 105 you can't hit the ball hard enough to make the ball spin the way that it can. If you're around 100 you're ok but if your clubhead speed is low 90's it's not the ball for you. It will still spin and play nicely around the greens as it has that thin responsive cover. You're just not going to compress the ball enough. You can compensate with a mid 90's head speed by hitting the ball more square.

Robin Williams

Comment

There are so many good mid range balls now. I see so many Sr's playing with them and I shake my head. Don't waste the money.

Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
                                X