How many fucking times to I have to tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many fucking times to I have to tell

my sister in law to stop buying me horseshit like door stops that double as putting practice holes and Sylvester the Cat golf figurines?

PRO V fuckin' I, dammit!!!
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

CAUSE IT'S EASY AND TAKES NO THOUGHT. THEY TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. PERIOD.

I ALWAYS SAY DON'T BUY ME ANYTHING. MAKES IT EASY.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-25-2016, 03:21 PM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I got some toilet golf game from separate people two years in a row

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        my sister in law to stop buying me horseshit like door stops that double as putting practice holes and Sylvester the Cat golf figurines?

PRO V fuckin' I, dammit!!!
        I'm not good enough to play with that ball.

It just amplifies my errors. I love the Bridgestone 6's.

I'm in the 14-17 handicap range so not proV level
        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

14's pretty fuckin good ... you can play with a pro v.

I actually like the Bridgestone B330 a lot.

Comment

14 wld be a Christmas miracle for me. Use the Pro V!

Comment

They love finding hazards and encourage my snaphook!

Comment

I think the statement that you don't get the full effect unless your swing is over 105 with pro V is probably true, but the suggestion that they fuck up shots for not low handicappers is bullshit IMO.

I once hit a variety of balls on a simulator that measured spin ... the pro V I had the lowest of all the balls I hit.

Which means it reduces the effect of a bad shot the best.

You may not need to spend that much for a ball that works fine if you're not a really low handicapper, but a pro V won't hurt and they feel good off the putter.

And if it's a gift ... why not?
                Last edited by slag; 12-25-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

You raise a good point. It's probably more mental than anything else

"This is a good ball let's try to hold onto it for at least the turn"

Splash..

Comment

My mother in law gave me 3 random golf balls that were hit into her yard. No lie. One has somebody else's initials in it.

She also asked if I would euthanize her 19 year old mutt for her tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be picking up the tab for that. I hate that dog but actually feel sorry for it. Should have been put down 2 years ago.

Time for some bourbon laced egg nog

Comment

And ... they're way the hell better than a door stop that doubles as a putting target.

Fuck me ... some of the shit they sell so people who don't play golf will buy them as gifts is so fucking stupid.

Comment

Tell her to just leave the dog in her yard until it gets hit in the bean by another errant shot.

Comment

I'm tempted to just toss it off a bridge. Things name is geronimo so it's only fitting, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                            My mother in law gave me 3 random golf balls that were hit into her yard. No lie. One has somebody else's initials in it.

She also asked if I would euthanize her 19 year old mutt for her tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be picking up the tab for that. I hate that dog but actually feel sorry for it. Should have been put down 2 years ago.

Time for some bourbon laced egg nog
                            NEED TO TAKE IT FOR A WALK IN THE WOODS WITH A SHOTGUN AND A SHOVEL.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

This is one of those threads that reminds me why this is the best message board on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X