No announcement yet.

Recap of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not about sympathy for the reporter ... it's about a front office that has ass clowns like that in positions of authority.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      As you've also said before, the Vikings saved Howie's ass this year. Imagine a 7-9 clusterfuck with Wentz sitting all season and no first round draft choice.
      HowLo may be another con artist. He has been lucky though.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I hope to fuck I'm wrong, but I'm just sayin' ...
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

cmon, how many of you here were Chip Bots? Open your hearts...

Next year, Eagles are playoff team, barring a Wentz injury. I'll call 11-5 now.

Comment

V.I. Warshawski

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            I was listening to Herm Edwards the other day on Mad Dog and he opined that GM's are firing coaches before the end of the season now so they can avoid being fired themselves. If the season ends, the owner may be inclined to fire both and let his new GM hire the next coach. If the GM cans the coach before the season ends, it provides a buffer between the two and the GM can distance himself from the coach and perhaps keep his job.

My initial thought was that this is not what happened when Lurie fired Kelly as Roseman had already lost the power struggle. Then I thought maybe that is exactly what happened. Roseman thought Lurie might clean house and started getting in his ear about Kelly, got Kelly fired before the season even ended and was able to position himself to stay on. Wouldn't surprise me.

At the end of the day, I just think Lurie is a hopelessly bad businessman. His blind spot (as Reub refers to it) for Howie just shows that he doesn't see what's right in front of him. He stepped in gold with Andy, JJ, 5, etc. but once that was over and he had to manage his business under less desirable circumstances, he has been a mess. He may be worse than Snyder as an owner.
            That's all you need to know about Jeff Lurie's business acumen.
            DB

Comment

Confession. I like Gomer as a head coach.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

to me

Originally posted by slag View Post
                It's not about sympathy for the reporter ... it's about a front office that has ass clowns like that in positions of authority.
                This is the more accurate scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by BentzforWentz View Post

Sorry dude, I got ripped big time for questioning Chump.
                  --------

Comment

That's for sure he has immunity as long as his head is firmly implanted up someone's add.
                    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I think he's an imbecile

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                      But reasonable people can disagree. You give Gomer the Patriots roster and I'll bet he underperforms by at least three wins.
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        This is the more accurate scenario.
                        Isn't the expression "Blame the messenger" ?
                        --------

Comment

Let's start

Originally posted by BentzforWentz View Post

By winning more than one game in the NFC East. Then we'll talk about 11-5. This is a maroonish post.
                          DB

Comment

One thing I will say for Joe Banner... He is NOT a con artist.

Tough negotiator, drove a hard deal... sometimes too hard in my opinion. But not a con artist.
                            --------

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              Gomer has potential, given the right personnel to work with.

I think he could do ok with the right GM and coaching staff.

He's pissed me off a lot this year but I try to keep in mind that this is year 1 and he doesn't have too much to work with.
                              --------

Comment

Totally. But then how blind is Lurie? The coaching search seems to have been awfully hamstrung because folks didn't want to work with Howie. Did that somehow escape Lurie or does he have that much faith in Howie that the rest of the league be damned?
                                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                                X