No announcement yet.

Recap of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By no means should my enjoyment of pressbox butthurt be interpreted as support for the assclowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
      But reasonable people can disagree. You give Gomer the Patriots roster and I'll bet he underperforms by at least three wins.
      Well, I don't know about that.

I know a coach (especially one that calls plays) has more on him, but then I look at the talent on the team.

Honestly...those wideouts are trash. No instincts at all. How many times has a pass or whatever been stopped because a wideout didn't run the right route, didn't fight for the ball, and didn't even try and come back for the ball?

While I know that he definitely made mistakes...I look at the talent and how many plays were probably killed by trash skill position players. You type out their names and it's embarrassing.

If he were making bad decision with good players I would have a problem. Right now, I don't really know how to judge him because of the garbage on offense.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Totally. But then how blind is Lurie? The coaching search seems to have been awfully hamstrung because folks didn't want to work with Howie. Did that somehow escape Lurie or does he have that much faith in Howie that the rest of the league be damned?
        I said it at the gayte on Sunday.

The one consistent factor with the Eagles since the '90s has been Lurie.

That's a fact. Decide what to think about that what you will.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          I said it at the gayte on Sunday.

The one consistent factor with the Eagles since the '90s has been Lurie.

That's a fact. Decide what to think about that what you will.
          PS: It's like of like the one consistent factor about the foreskins since the '90s has been Snyder....

minus the racially offensive name of course.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Maybe not, but

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            Well, I don't know about that.

I know a coach (especially one that calls plays) has more on him, but then I look at the talent on the team.

Honestly...those wideouts are trash. No instincts at all. How many times has a pass or whatever been stopped because a wideout didn't run the right route, didn't fight for the ball, and didn't even try and come back for the ball?

While I know that he definitely made mistakes...I look at the talent and how many plays were probably killed by trash skill position players. You type out their names and it's embarrassing.

If he were making bad decision with good players I would have a problem. Right now, I don't really know how to judge him because of the garbage on offense.
            I'll bet dollars to donuts that Belicheat would've gotten three more wins even with this talent.

This "players coach" approachable stuff always works well for a year or so then the players lose respect for the coaches results when they keep losing, then the "players coach" soft stuff becomes seen as weakness. I'm just seeing it now rather than later.
            DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
              I'll bet dollars to donuts that Belicheat would've gotten three more wins even with this talent.

This "players coach" approachable stuff always works well for a year or so then the players lose respect for the coaches results when they keep losing, then the "players coach" soft stuff becomes seen as weakness. I'm just seeing it now rather than later.
              Bellicheat got fired in Cleveland, so he wasn't infallible either.

He did get better players and they have also gotten a maybe top 5 qb of all time.

Mike Tomlin, who is a players coach, has two super bowl appearances and team back in the playoffs.

He is a players coach, but that hasn't stopped him from calling out players either...or questioning their heart. Which the players answered by playing hard in the last 3 games.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I look at what happened with chip last year. Mostly the same players...and those guys flat-out quit. Peters admitted as much.

Peters was out there playing as well as he has in a while (except the false-starts).

Some people just can't stand Gomer because he is tied to Andy or he was the pick by Howie.

I don't know how well he will do, but I do know that the really good coaches aren't playing with a bunch of DGB's either. They have talented teams. Which does point more to Howlo than anything.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

There's a real possibility that within the next few years, the Eagles are going to be the fourth best team in Philadelphia. It'll be interesting to see how Lurie handles that.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Bellicheat got fired in Cleveland, so he wasn't infallible either.

He did get better players and they have also gotten a maybe top 5 qb of all time.

Mike Tomlin, who is a players coach, has two super bowl appearances and team back in the playoffs.

He is a players coach, but that hasn't stopped him from calling out players either...or questioning their heart. Which the players answered by playing hard in the last 3 games.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I look at what happened with chip last year. Mostly the same players...and those guys flat-out quit. Peters admitted as much.

Peters was out there playing as well as he has in a while (except the false-starts).

Some people just can't stand Gomer because he is tied to Andy or he was the pick by Howie.

I don't know how well he will do, but I do know that the really good coaches aren't playing with a bunch of DGB's either. They have talented teams. Which does point more to Howlo than anything.
                  Maybe a top 5 QB? Though debatable, I think at this point Brady has proven himself to be the GOAT. Tough to separate Belicheck from him, but they both might be.

Gomer was fine for me this year. Few head slappers, but almost every young coach, heck, even old coach has them. Hopefully he doesn't continue his obvious flaws like FF.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                    Maybe a top 5 QB? Though debatable, I think at this point Brady has proven himself to be the GOAT. Tough to separate Belicheck from him, but they both might be.
                    Yeah, Brady is GOAT. If he wins again, it won't even be debateable. He doesn't even look like he's slowing down either.

Comment

That Montana fella

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      Yeah, Brady is GOAT. If he wins again, it won't even be debateable. He doesn't even look like he's slowing down either.
                      was Purdy good wadn't he?
                      DB

Comment

Jeff Lurie as owner. He bought team in 1994, but he really wanted the Patriots.

Coaches:

5 - Rich Kotite, Ray Rhodes, Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, Doug Pederson

NFC East titles:

8 - 2001-2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013

Playoff wins since 2008 season:

Ex-Wives:

1 - Christina

Current Wives 20 years or more younger:

1 - Tina Lai

Comment

and Montana doesn't have the stats Brady does. Plus, Tom is probably going to win at least one more ring.

Like I said, if he wins again, the debate is probably over.

Comment

It's hard to debate era's. Brady has done it in the free agency time, which is very hard to do with no continuity....BUT...he has also done it in a time where offenses have more leeway, qb's aren't allowed to get touched, basically you can't touch anyone on offense.

Montana did it in a time of super teams that were stacked from top to bottom and did it with clutching, grabbing and able to kill the qb.

BUT...he also had a rock solid team up and down.

It's really tough to debate the question because the era's are so different. Think brady could have thrown that football from the 40's or 50's that looked like a soccer ball? that thing would have had to be deflated like crazy.

He's definitely the best in the last 20 years...but it's really hard to debate era's when you have so many rule changes that have changed the game.

plus...Montana never lost a super bowl either.
                            Last edited by nerd; 01-03-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I'm no Joe Jumper, but...

and Montana doesn't have the stats Brady does. Plus, Tom is probably going to win at least one more ring.

Like I said, if he wins again, the debate is probably over.
                              You're right, stats wise, leaving aside different eras, Montana and Brady have different stats in one important place:

DB

Comment

of course, neither did Bradshaw

It's hard to debate era's. Brady has done it in the free agency time, which is very hard to do with no continuity....BUT...he has also done it in a time where offenses have more leeway, qb's aren't allowed to get touched, basically you can't touch anyone on offense.

Montana did it in a time of super teams that were stacked from top to bottom and did it with clutching, grabbing and able to kill the qb.

BUT...he also had a rock solid team up and down.

It's really tough to debate the question because the era's are so different. Think brady could have thrown that football from the 40's or 50's that looked like a soccer ball? that thing would have had to be deflated like crazy.

He's definitely the best in the last 20 years...but it's really hard to debate era's when you have so many rule changes that have changed the game.

plus...Montana never lost a super bowl either.
                                But he's not in the top ten, or if he is, he's in by his fingernails. I might put Marino in the top ten before Bradshaw anyway.
                                DB

Comment

Working...
                                X