Clear All

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    Steve Bannon's worldview
    Pepe the Frog
    Anti-Establishment Populism
    Drain the Swamp
    Ban immigrants.
    Build a wall.

It sounds like identity politics and feeling of oppression were what helped Trump win.
    I don't disagree with this at all. I think the left has been playing identity politics for a long time and Trump was the first conservative to push it back.

Comment

Shut up you beta cuck!

Comment

Lol what am I lying about?

Comment

Fair analysis. I don't think he's the first he's the first President to put a temporary ban on a group, religion, ect. I don't agree with him doing it either, I don't think the vetting system has been bad.

Comment

Hahah the lemmings nipping at roth's heels

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
            Lol what am I lying about?
            Don't listen to the mindless group-think. We voted for trump (yes even social worker wifey) because we wanted a better future for our son. Didn't matter to us who won but a vote for Hillary was a vote for the status quo - anemic economic growth, miserable part-time jobs, less safe here and abroad, and less hope for the future. Trump wasn't our first choice (we supported Rubio) but he is shaking things up in Washington and that's exactly what is needed right now.
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Shame on you Riccardo!

Comment

Mindless group-think is bipartisan.

Comment

Same pig different lipstick.....

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                  Mindless group-think is bipartisan.
                  ....or two sides of the same coin.

Next we will be fighting about what end of the egg to crack first.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    Don't listen to the mindless group-think. We voted for trump (yes even social worker wifey) because we wanted a better future for our son. Didn't matter to us who won but a vote for Hillary was a vote for the status quo - anemic economic growth, miserable part-time jobs, less safe here and abroad, and less hope for the future. Trump wasn't our first choice (we supported Rubio) but he is shaking things up in Washington and that's exactly what is needed right now.
                    Liberalism is a mental disease IMO
                    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

At least people are laying down markers here. We'll find out how things end up. I always expect the worst and hope for the best.

PS I'm no "lemming" Trump has already hurt me directly. I want to call him a pejorative name which describes him perfectly over the years, but I have too much respect for the office of the president to do so. Shit, I probably have more respect for the presidency than he does.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Now this bullshit is spilling into what was usually protected territory. Just wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                          Now this bullshit is spilling into what was usually protected territory. Just wonderful.
                          Agreed. I will try do do better to keep this place politics free.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Point taken

Should have left this in that one thread.

Comment

Lol @ equating voting against a "shake-up" that involves the likes of Steve Bannon, Scott Pruitt, and Betsy DeVos with mental illness. I've never identified as a liberal, and my economic views have typically been in line with the conservative agenda. But this time around the climate change deniers, anti-vaxxers, and white supremacists really pushed me away from the Republican Party, which is also running on some bizarro pro-manufacturing, protectionist economic policy, under the guise of "free market competition."

Let's hope you're not as wrong about Trump as you were about Chip Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                                X