No announcement yet.

The Brandin Cooks Pipe Dream Might Come True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even sure I want Cooks for a second-rounder. I'd rather them roll the dice in the draft and hope they can land a real #1 receiver. He's another DJax and I don't see that translating to building a winner. In a year or so, they will have to overpay for a wideout who's mostly boom or bust. He's available for a reason.

Interesting stats..
    Indoors (30 games): 7.6 targets, 5.2 catches, 72.2 yards, 16 touchdowns
    Outdoors/Grass (11 games): 7.1 targets, 4.8 receptions, 56.9 yards, 4 touchdowns

Comment

I think their thinking is

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      I'm not even sure I want Cooks for a second-rounder. I'd rather them roll the dice in the draft and hope they can land a real #1 receiver. He's another DJax and I don't see that translating to building a winner. In a year or so, they will have to overpay for a wideout who's mostly boom or bust. He's available for a reason.

Interesting stats..
      Indoors (30 games): 7.6 targets, 5.2 catches, 72.2 yards, 16 touchdowns
      Outdoors/Grass (11 games): 7.1 targets, 4.8 receptions, 56.9 yards, 4 touchdowns
      Have your cake and eat it, too:

- Spend the 2 on Cooks
      - Pick a bigger body type WR(s) in Round 1 or 3 and later
      - Eventually replace Matthews with one of those guys

BTW - If you look at the per game average stuff, the stats are pretty close. The lower TD numbers outdoors/grass are in about 2/3 fewer games. Also-Brees is not the same QB outside the dome. Finally-I thought he played in more than 41 games, but I checked on NFL.com and saw he missed some games his first season...

Comment

I could be wrong but I can't see them drafting a wideout in the first if they trade for Cooks for a second. I keep hearing this draft is deep in the positions this team needs. Specifically, they could get a very good WR, CB, and RB in the first three rounds. Why not just stick to that? This team is rebuilding. They don't need to try and get everything in one draft.

Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hate Cooks and Williams or Davis to start the season. I just don't see it happening.

I get there may be 'noise in the numbers' when comparing stats, I just have a lot of precaution when talking about a third-year receiver playing in that system.

Comment

I could be wrong but I can't see them drafting a wideout in the first if they trade for Cooks for a second. I keep hearing this draft is deep in the positions this team needs. Specifically, they could get a very good WR, CB, and RB in the first three rounds. Why not just stick to that? This team is rebuilding. They don't need to try and get everything in one draft.
          From everything we're hearing, the strengths of this draft are perfectly aligned with the needs of this team. This isn't the year to trade away picks for proven commodities. You want to get your hands on as many picks as you can.

Comment

I also hate to see this team have to drop $12-$15m per on a receiver that may just be another DJax.

Comment

I also hate to see this team have to drop $12-$15m per on a receiver that may just be another DJax.
              I like Desean a little more than you do, but at somewhere around half that price.

Comment

Working...
              X