Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the Answer to Bennie Logan

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    I think the intention is to resign him. It's like an advanced 2018 free agent acquisition.
    cheaper and developmental,,they prolly liked him coming out..
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Works for me....

...still have a pick and gained a reliable solid starter at DT who is young and hungry.

Would like to see another speed rusher at end but we need help at so many other places .....just a few more weeks.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I heard some speculation that he might actually be a better fit for a 4-3 than a 3-4.

Also heard some scuttlebutt that he wasn't happy with his role in Baltimore and might benefit from a change in scenery.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
          I think the intention is to resign him. It's like an advanced 2018 free agent acquisition.
          Look at it this way: Eagles have an entire season to try and work out a deal with him. If that doesn't work out and he walks, he may contribute towards a compensatory draft pick.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Good trade- Will contribute and be a solid pass rusher inside with COX. Sucks losing 25 slots but the key is just not losing a draft pick. Way too valuable with this team especially with the tight cap space at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Look at it this way: Eagles have an entire season to try and work out a deal with him. If that doesn't work out and he walks, he may contribute towards a compensatory draft pick.
              Howie's going to have much more breathing room cap-wise a year from now. If Timmay likes the system, likes lining up with Fletcher, likes the city... they're in a good position to lock him up.

I'm not concerned about draft position in the third round, the board's nowhere near set. I think Howie still has a move or three left in him.

All in all, hard to not be happy about this one.

Comment

Heard hints he wanted more playing time...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I heard some speculation that he might actually be a better fit for a 4-3 than a 3-4.

Also heard some scuttlebutt that he wasn't happy with his role in Baltimore and might benefit from a change in scenery.
                ...looks like he has that opportunity with Philly.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

You guys think they are going to tie up another big contract next to cox?

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                  I don't understand this line of thinking. It's not the NBA. Nothing suggests that they wouldn't/couldn't work out a long term deal with him. Plus, I think you're slightly overestimating their drafting ability. This teams needs as few needs as possible.

I really wish they were picking 1-10 or 20-30. I get nervous when they pick in the mid-teens.
                  The salary cap suggests they aren't going to work out something long term with him. Maybe 25 players go by and they still hit, I don't know. I do know I'm certainly not over estimating anything about their drafting ability though and in my professional estimation, they need every edge they can get. They also need young cheap talent they can control.
                  Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-04-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    The salary cap suggests they aren't going to work out something long term with him. Maybe 25 players go by and they still hit, I don't know. I do know I'm certainly not over estimating anything about their drafting ability though and in my professional estimation, they need every edge they can get. They also need young cheap talent they can control.
                    You answered your own question. They have to hit on their picks and get productive starters on rookie deals. If they do that, there's money for a pair of big-ticket tackles. A lot of money falls off the cap next year, so the dollars will be there. This draft will determine whether or not it's the prudent thing to do.

They need to find three "starters" (guys who get significant and productive PT). Getting something out of McCalister -- the most intriguing question mark on the team, IMO -- and/or Walker would help too.

Bottom line with Jernigan is, there's risk, but it's relatively low risk. The upside is worth it.

Comment

True dat, I think howie has some draft day trades up his sleeve so that late third could move up easily.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I hate giving Roseman credit but it looks like they (we) got a better, cheaper version of Bennie Logan by simply moving back in the 3rd round of a very deep draft.

Comment

Don't, I think this was more douglas then howie
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

This appears to be an example of Douglas knowing the talent, and Roseman making the deal. It's a promising sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                              I kinda think we throw around the notion that "they aren't winning anything this year" way to cavalierly.
                              Agreed. You always strive to improve and win. Otherwise why bother? Lurie said the other day that they will make moves to improve the team, but they know they aren't going do things to sacrifice the long term strategy. This move seems to fit the paradigm pretty well.

Comment

I'm pretty much a Howlo Hata and I don't hate this deal.
                                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X