It doesn’t take long to rebuild in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn’t take long to rebuild in the NFL

We saw this first hand from 2015 to 2017. Hopefully Howie sees the big picture (again).

It will if they continue to hit on 2 out of every 7 draft picks.

need a new Diamond Joe In here to help draft talent. But, one who can actually do it and not just bloviate about it.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-21-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
      We saw this first hand from 2015 to 2017. Hopefully Howie sees the big picture (again).
      I think he does, but if this cycle is over, the roster turnover starts in 2020. They can shed a ton of guys going into 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
        Think about where the 49ers were two years ago when we played them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

need a new Diamond Joe In here to help draft talent. But, one who can actually do it and not just bloviate about it.
          Scot McGloughan. At the very least, hire his scouting agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Diamond Joe and Riverboat Gomer need to do a better job here.

Thank goodness for Saint NIck. Right place right time, right man.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Thank goodness for Saint NIck. Right place right time, right man.
              Amen to that. Thanks to Nick and 2017, I have a totally different perspective on these types of games. It's never enjoyable to watch them play like that, but it is also way less distressing.

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Who can we trade this year for picks?
                I'd start with:
                Darby
                Agholor
                Jenkins
                Jeffrey
                and...Controversial, but: Lane Johsnon. Maybe get a 3rd and a 2nd for him.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
                  I'd start with:
                  Darby
                  Agholor
                  Jenkins
                  Jeffrey
                  Down with this list minus Johnson, hard to find good book end Tackles in this league.

Comment

My only concern with Lane is, if last night was a sign of him taking a physical downturn, he might wander back into the local GNC store. That could completely derail the rest of his career.

But I don't think that's the case. I really think he's playing through a nagging knee injury right now. He should be able to play at a Pro Bowl level for another 4-5 years.

Lane is one of five guys in the untouchable column (along with Wentz, Brooks, Goedert, and Cox).

Comment

Yup those are my 5 as well. I would like to see them keep Howard as well - he is averaging 4.5 per carry which is the 2nd highest average of his career. I don't understand Doug's terrible play calling this year? 3 runs in a row and not passing on 3rd and 4 with those TE's?? W T F

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                        Yup those are my 5 as well. I would like to see them keep Howard as well - he is averaging 4.5 per carry which is the 2nd highest average of his career. I don't understand Doug's terrible play calling this year? 3 runs in a row and not passing on 3rd and 4 with those TE's?? W T F
                        I like what Howard has done, but I think Wentz needs a stud that causes DCs to lose sleep and fixate on the run game. And Sanders ain't the guy.

I'll be clamoring for a RB this off-season for the 4th straight year (D'Andre Swift is the guy I'm obsessed with at the moment).

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
                          I'd start with:
                          Darby
                          Agholor
                          Jenkins
                          Jeffrey
                          And who is the core we are building around, Wentz, Dillard, Sanders, JJ and Goedert on offense. Who is the core on defense, Barnett and ????????

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I like what Howard has done, but I think Wentz needs a stud that causes DCs to lose sleep and fixate on the run game. And Sanders ain't the guy.

I'll be clamoring for a RB this off-season for the 4th straight year (D'Andre Swift is the guy I'm obsessed with at the moment).
                            You've decided Sanders ain't the guy because he's making rookie decisions about when to hit the hole or when to run a KO out?

He may not be the guy but unless there's a player like Elliot or Barkley available, I'd like to draft another position and see what Sanders does in his second year myself.

I remember Shady showing flashes his first year and then studding it up in his second year, at which time he told a reporter that the game had slowed down and he wasn't thinking about what to do anymore, he was just doing it.

Who knows if this guy is Shady, but Shady didn't look like Shady his first year either.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Agreed, I like Sanders as a change up back but not a bell cow. Lots of good RBs coming in to the draft just not sure I trust this FO do the right thing in the draft.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020RB.php

Comment

Working...
                              X