Jamal Adams might be available? And Dallas is apparently after him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I've always included the Cooper trade in my praise for Dallas' drafts. You can can have it both ways if the purpose of draft assets is the acquisition of talent.
    But it's not just "talent acquisition", it's roster building and cap balance. Dallas (and LAR) haven't yet displayed the acumen for cap management that some other squads have and I'm curious to see what happens to those teams when the bell tolls. Usually, the answer is drafting an incoming supply of cheap talent, but when you trade for even elite players with shorter time horizons, you shorten the timeframe. I'm not sure Dallas really can do that, but what the fuck do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

Relax, it's not. You're right. Adams is a stud.
      wasn't trying to be argumentative at all brother just clarifying lol

Comment

Now, it's not happening. That's probably good.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

But it's not just "talent acquisition", it's roster building and cap balance. Dallas (and LAR) haven't yet displayed the acumen for cap management that some other squads have and I'm curious to see what happens to those teams when the bell tolls. Usually, the answer is drafting an incoming supply of cheap talent, but when you trade for even elite players with shorter time horizons, you shorten the timeframe. I'm not sure Dallas really can do that, but what the fuck do I know.
          I really don't think the cap is as big of an issue as we tend to think it is. Remember how Tony Romo's contract was going to hamstring the Cowboys for years? Never happened. I'm pretty sure kicking the can down the never ending road via restructures and extensions has become a universally adopted way of circumventing the cap. Banner alluded to this the other day, and the fact that the less of a factor the cap becomes, the more picks for established player deals we're going to see. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys are going to lock up Dak, Cooper, and keep Byron Jones without any of the issues we were hoping they'd run into.

Comment

Working...
          X