No announcement yet.

DJacc reportedly having surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dam this sucks. Desean is one of my favorite Eagles of all-time. I wanted nothing more then to see him to get a ring in Philly. Hopefully he recovers in time for the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

It's going to go the way of Mack Hollins and his season ending mystery injury. I wonder if we'll ever see DeSean again
      I never would have thought DeSean would be in the running for the Andy Harmon/Chris T. Jones/Jamie Asher Memorial Award. I sure hope not.

Comment

This blows. The Eagles should have known there was a possibility this would go bad and now we got no vertical passing game.
        ​​​​​​
        All the names being thrown out there didn't see anyone mention our boy Wallace? Isn't he still out there?

This season is a cluster fuck why not take a flyer on AB at this point seriously
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Cut and paste?
          The first part is mine...I did C&P the last part from Comcast sports...

DJax was a perfect way to get fans excited, but a 32 year old is not the 27 year old that left here, and even then, he got dinged quite a bit.
          Blame Howie for putting all his speed needs in one basket, it was a risk that went badly.
          Unless they grab the best speed WR in the next draft, I don't see anyone going into free agency next year that fits the bill.
          Bottom line...Howie's fault.
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
            This blows. The Eagles should have known there was a possibility this would go bad and now we got no vertical passing game.
            ​​​​​​

​​​​​​
            ​​​​
            I know right, why didn't the front office just go out to the magical "vertical passing threat wide receiver" tree out in front of Novacare and simply pick one off? What gives!?

Starting to think Frank Reich was the real mastermind behind all of Howie's moves in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I know right, why didn't the front office just go out to the magical "vertical passing threat wide receiver" tree out in front of Novacare and simply pick one off? What gives!?

Starting to think Frank Reich was the real mastermind behind all of Howie's moves in 2017
              I think that has been obvious since week 1 last year.

Comment

We have 8 weeks left in the season counting the bye. Realistically can he make it back for the playoff run? Even at 32 Desean can still humiliate defenses.
                Last edited by maggsgsr; 11-04-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
                  Dam this sucks. Desean is one of my favorite Eagles of all-time. I wanted nothing more then to see him to get a ring in Philly. Hopefully he recovers in time for the playoffs
                  he gone man

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
                    We have 8 weeks left in the season counting the bye. Realistically can he make it back for the playoff run? Even at 32 Desean can still humiliate defenses.
                    but the skins wont be in the playoffs cuz

Comment

1st, no one ever said Reich was behind Howie's moves only that he was more instrumental to the Championship win than we all had believed in regards to game planning and coaching and it's becoming more and more evident as time goes by

2nd, they went through this last year with Hollins so yes they should have know that there was a chance he wouldn't play or reaggravate the injury and miss even more time than anticipated
                      and there were players available at the trade deadline that would have helped stretch the field or upgrade the position

3rd, when your longest TD catch in 6 games by a WR is 6 yards, that's right 6 fucking yards and you don't do anything to address the issue then ya you are a fucking moron "HOPING" Djax comes back healthy to fix your problems when you knew his injury required surgery 6 weeks earlier

But I guess trading for a player wouldn't have worked because the only way to have found a WR was growing on a tree next to the Philly Philly statue in front of the Novacare right?

Comment

1st, no one ever said Reich was behind Howie's moves only that he was more instrumental to the Championship win than we all had believed in regards to game planning and coaching and it's becoming more and more evident as time goes by

But I guess trading for a player wouldn't have worked because the only way to have found a WR was growing on a tree next to the Philly Philly statue in front of the Novacare right?
                        It was a joke because you bring up Reich in some of your many arguments against yourself - nobody here was happy to see Reich go, including Wentz who has a 10-10 record without since.

Which wide receiver got traded during the deadline that you think the Eagles should have gotten?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

It's going to go the way of Mack Hollins and his season ending mystery injury. I wonder if we'll ever see DeSean again
                          Looking at this, i believe they (not we) can cut him after 6/1/2020 and 'only' take a cap hit of $4.1m. if before that, it's over $11m.
                          No way in hell he will restructure his contract. Not with his injury history and age.

Edited to add: Alshon Jeffrey's contract is inexcusable. I'd be asking Howie about that every day if I was Lurie. Dumb shit.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-05-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Looking at this, i believe they (not we) can cut him after 6/1/2020 and 'only' take a cap hit of $4.1m. if before that, it's over $11m.
                            No way in hell he will restructure his contract. Not with his injury history and age.

Edited to add: Alshon Jeffrey's contract is inexcusable. I'd be asking Howie about that every day if I was Lurie. Dumb shit.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/
                            I’m not defending Howie in the slightest but honestly, did anyone expect Alshon to decline THIS quickly? The problem lies in detaching the TD grab in LII from 2019 Alshon. Another problem lies in the fact nothing was done week 2 when DeSean originally went out, to me that’s worse than not getting a last minute deal done last week. Either route he chose we were going to be without Jackson for roughly 6 weeks.

Comment

It was a joke because you bring up Reich in some of your many arguments against yourself - nobody here was happy to see Reich go, including Wentz who has a 10-10 record without since.

Which wide receiver got traded during the deadline that you think the Eagles should have gotten?
                              Sorry man lately you haven't exactly been joking it's been like attacking so all good.

I never said a WR was traded but there were WR available for trade that would have been had if they wanted to make a deal.

Best thing that happened is they did nothing because this team needs more than a few rental players to be true contenders to win a Lombardi and I believe they maybe have just realized it themselves.

Peace bro let's enjoy the rest of whatever the season we got left. Never know stranger things have happened right

Comment

Sorry man lately you haven't exactly been joking it's been like attacking so all good.
                                Not sure if you have me mistaken with someone else but the only poster I attack on here is Slizz and it has been a multiple year cease fire between us. I am sure we will have more back and forth this season so want to make it clear my posts are never an attack just a response.

Comment

Working...
                                X