Foles wins this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

It definitely is true that Foles had an unprecedented amount of house money in both 2017 and 2018.

Still, it would be nice to see Wentz win a game with the ball in his hands. By that I don't mean on the last possession (even though I'd like that too). I mean with the team relying on him. Foles did it last year against Houston. The closest thing to a "shootout" we've seen Wentz win involved him passing 24 times for 160 yards.
    I think we agree on Wentz so nothing more to add there. The trouble is there are so many things that are tough to explain - guys having in game success disappearing from the field of play, 2 maybe three of receiving core are complete ghosts, guy off the street (Matthews) seeing more looks than guys that have been there all season. If Foles didn't have such great luck, would we be comparing Doug to Kotite?

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
      Foles had almost 300 yards and 2 TDs. Not bad for his first game back on the Jags.
      ...against one of the better Ds in the league...

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post

If Foles didn't have such great luck, would we be comparing Doug to Kotite?
        Nah. The Pederson criticism is waaaay out of hand. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that Pederson has influenced the game just with his 4th down philosophy. No way he deserves to be compared to an all-time awful coach.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 11-18-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
          Let's keep it real here
          PRETTY UNLIKELY SINCE.....AH... HE HAS A NEW ADDRESS.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
            Foles didn't play that bad in a loss today. He's been out since like week 1. He's gone now. But there were certain aspects of his game that were better. Getting the ball off fast. Seeing the entire field. And throwing accurate balls with anticipation and touch.
            FOLES IS GONE AND NOT AN IGGLE ANY LONGER. BA-BYE CHAMP.....ENJOY YOUR LIFE.... SEE YA.

DROP THE FOLES ACT, IT'S OLD.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Foles is a hero now and forever for 17. Hasn't done shit away from Philly. Let's see what he does in JAX. Minshew looked good a few games too so let's calm down.

Comment

It definitely is true that Foles had an unprecedented amount of house money in both 2017 and 2018.

Still, it would be nice to see Wentz win a game with the ball in his hands. By that I don't mean on the last possession (even though I'd like that too). I mean with the team relying on him. Foles did it last year against Houston. The closest thing to a "shootout" we've seen Wentz win involved him passing 24 times for 160 yards.
                Exactly ... if Foles had thrown those balls to Agholor and JJAW at the end of the Atlanta and Detroit games they don't get dropped.

Lets face it, its Wentz ... he throws a droppable ball.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by B Lot View Post
                  That's great for his first game back
                  Uh huh ... ignore the score ... his stats had nothing to do with throwing every down in a blow out when the defense is playing back because they don't give a shit about anything but a bomb.

FYI ... Foles threw for over half those yards as he was dropping back every down on the final 3-4 possessions when losing by 17 and then 24.

And in case you're wondering, I'll pick up Nick Foles' check in any restaurant or bar I see him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

tom Brady would laugh out loud and retire on the spot if he had the receivers wentz did today.

I am not saying wentz didn’t miss 3-4 throws. I’m saying this is the collectively worst group of receivers I’ve ever seen on a non-scab eagles regular season roster.

I think there were a total of 3 completions to a WR today. Fucking fireable offense for Howie Roseman
                    Amen

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphilly View Post
                      Someone argue a worse WR group than the Eagles that started today
                      It's safe to say that you won't get any arguments. It's damn brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                        Let's keep it real here
                        Foles would have destroyed the Pats yesterday. Foles RPO offense with the Eagles > Wentz.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Exactly ... if Foles had thrown those balls to Agholor and JJAW at the end of the Atlanta and Detroit games they don't get dropped.

Wentz's ginger hands throws a ball with a reverse spin. Its science!
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Again, I made a point of stating it wasn't just about those situations. It's about winning a game with the team relying on him. There appears to be an inverse relationship between what this team asks of Wentz and how they fare. This team isn't going to be able to limit Wentz to ~30 attempts every week. Wentz needs to be better than Derek Carr.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

Foles would have destroyed the Pats yesterday. Foles RPO offense with the Eagles > Wentz.
                              Foles lost the last game he played with the Eagles, and that team was healthy.

Comment

Again, I made a point of stating it wasn't just about those situations. It's about winning a game with the team relying on him. There appears to be an inverse relationship between what this team asks of Wentz and how they fare. This team isn't going to be able to limit Wentz to ~30 attempts every week. Wentz needs to be better than Derek Carr.
                                Isn't it a little early for sweeping conclusions?

Comment

Working...
                                X