Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FWIW Elway looked like a bust after his first four seasons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW Elway looked like a bust after his first four seasons...

His stats were awful, his team lost a lot, but once they got him some help...well...
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Can’t tell if this post is a joke? Am too young to remember but knowing nfl history didn’t he play in a super bowl early in his career. And was he ever considered a bust?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
      Can’t tell if this post is a joke? Am too young to remember but knowing nfl history didn’t he play in a super bowl early in his career. And was he ever considered a bust?
      He was pretty bad early on. And his completion percentage and TD/INT ratio were never all that great.

And he didn't win shit until he got a big time running back.

Comment

Wentz doesn’t look like anything close to a bust. He’s probably the 3rd best QB taken in the first round over the past five years (4th if you put Lamar in front...jury is still out on how sustainable his play is). Guys like Rosen and Trubisky are busts.

I don’t think it’s debatable that Wentz is a long-term starter. But there are some problems with his game that may not go away even if he has help.

Comment

Well, this is a dark prediction. I guess we have to hope for another better backup and a big injury. Maybe finding a “better” backup is easy when the starter’s not good.

edit to add: I don’t want Wentz to get injured. I want him to fail healthy so we can move on without excuses.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Wentz doesn’t look like anything close to a bust. He’s probably the 3rd best QB taken in the first round over the past five years (4th if you put Lamar in front...jury is still out on how sustainable his play is). Guys like Rosen and Trubisky are busts.

I don’t think it’s debatable that Wentz is a long-term starter. But there are some problems with his game that
          may not go away even if he has help.
          Last edited by BigSlizz; 11-25-2019, 08:53 AM.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Well, this is a dark prediction. I guess we have to hope for another better backup and a big injury. Maybe finding a “better” backup is easy when the starter’s not good.

edit to add: I don’t want Wentz to get injured. I want him to fail healthy so we can move on without excuses.

Wouldn't it be easier to just want him to succeed?

Comment

That’d be cool, but I’m trying to be realistic.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I don’t think it’s debatable that Wentz is a long-term starter. But there are some problems with his game that may not go away even if he has help.
                What problems are those? Were you recognizing this when he was an MVP candidate in 2017?
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

What problems are those? Were you recognizing this when he was an MVP candidate in 2017?
                  I do recall there was some concern regarding his holding the ball too long and at times starring down receivers.....it weren’t huge issues but certainly things that needed addressing which was why DeFilippo became more of known name.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

DeFillippo became more of a known name because he wasn't doing his job ... and then got a job as Minnesota's OC?

Comment

That level of play will soon represent just 25% of the guy's career.

-Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                        That level of play will soon represent just 25% of the guy's career.

So what? You find a "realistic" evaluation of the balance of his play to be concerning?

Comment

Missing open receivers

holding on to the ball for too long

yes

Comment

No. And I understand the need to cling to that memory in tough times. But at what point do we acknowledge that it was the exception, not the rule?

He'll be the starter next year, hopefully with some receivers to throw to, but if we're gonna say "But almost MVP," he needs to start being a different kind of difference maker.

So what? You find a "realistic" evaluation of the balance of his play to be concerning?
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I'm not clinging to shit.

I think he looked fucked in the head yesterday ... and it's concerning right now but I'm not using every opportunity to hate nor am I hoping he fails when healthy so we can move on.

I think the obvious reason is coaching and personnel ... but maybe he's sleeping in and not working hard after getting paid ... hope that isn't it but who knows?

I never found you to be some WIP knee jerk Vinny from Fishtown ... so I'm wondering if you have some inside info or just don't like him.

EDITED TO ADD: Or, of course, just trolling.
                              Last edited by slag; 11-25-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X