No announcement yet.

Pederson ran the ball 3 times after we took a 14 point lead in the 3rd quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pederson ran the ball 3 times after we took a 14 point lead in the 3rd quarter

That's flat out stupid, maybe beyond stupid as it is a continuing problem

Saw that Sanders is averaging 4.5 yards per carry over the past 3 games.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Pederson has gone full Andy Reid Mode.

Comment

we definitely have a coaching problem from HC all the way down the line. This guy is just obsessed with the pass as much as Reid was. One time he pounded the rock in a game and we won easily. How do you not play ball control with a 14 point lead? IT'S THE FUCKING DOLPHINS a pop warner team and you can't make in game adjustments to beat them either offensively to eat the clock or Schwartz on defense to get Mills out of the fucking game as he was getting abused. Couldn't give him a little safety help there sparky? Maybe sit the fucker and put in Rasul I mean could he have been any worse? At least try it, send a message piss the defense off!! These guys got their rings, as Mumer said it, Hungry dogs eat, these dogs seem well fed and content.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
          we definitely have a coaching problem from HC all the way down the line. This guy is just obsessed with the pass as much as Reid was. One time he pounded the rock in a game and we won easily. How do you not play ball control with a 14 point lead? IT'S THE FUCKING DOLPHINS a pop warner team and you can't make in game adjustments to beat them either offensively to eat the clock or Schwartz on defense to get Mills out of the fucking game as he was getting abused. Couldn't give him a little safety help there sparky? Maybe sit the fucker and put in Rasul I mean could he have been any worse? At least try it, send a message piss the defense off!! These guys got their rings, as Mumer said it, Hungry dogs eat, these dogs seem well fed and content.
          I still think Pederson is the guy to lead this team. He's a having a bad year, no doubt. But his biggest failing (and this falls on the FO, too) is not surrounding himself with better assistants. If he fails to realize that, then that is a fatal flaw and he'll be gone sooner rather than later. But I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I think he has a lot of good leadership qualities that will walk out the door with him when he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I still think Pederson is the guy to lead this team. He's a having a bad year, no doubt. But his biggest failing (and this falls on the FO, too) is not surrounding himself with better assistants. If he fails to realize that, then that is a fatal flaw and he'll be gone sooner rather than later. But I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I think he has a lot of good leadership qualities that will walk out the door with him when he leaves.
            Well, he wasn't very good last year either, so so at best. 15 and 15 since the superbowl win. Not all on him, a lot on Schwartz but he is the HC. So, if he walks and takes the entire coaching staff with him I doubt anyone here would be upset at all (except for Stoutland maybe Fipp) and as for players, not sure how many of the good ones we have under contract can go so do we really care about 3/4 of the hot garbage of this roster we want gone anyways?

EDIT TO ADD: if you were talking about leading a team, I don't see much leadership. I see a team unprepared to play, to full of themselves, laughing and loose on the sidelines and celebrating a play when losing by 2 TD's. If that is the type of leadership you are ok with, don't let the door hit you (coach) on the way out!
            Last edited by Spartan92; 12-02-2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

So-so last year is wrong. They were very close to returning to the NFC Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Well, he wasn't very good last year either, so so at best. 15 and 15 since the superbowl win. Not all on him, a lot on Schwartz but he is the HC. So, if he walks and takes the entire coaching staff with him I doubt anyone here would be upset at all (except for Stoutland maybe Fipp) and as for players, not sure how many of the good ones we have under contract can go so do we really care about 3/4 of the hot garbage of this roster we want gone anyways?

EDIT TO ADD: if you were talking about leading a team, I don't see much leadership. I see a team unprepared to play, to full of themselves, laughing and loose on the sidelines and celebrating a play when losing by 2 TD's. If that is the type of leadership you are ok with, don't let the door hit you (coach) on the way out!
                This is an absurd post but I will chalk it up to you being upset about losing to Miami. 2 years from winning a Super Bowl with a back QB, LT and MLB. 1 year from rallying a team back from the dead once again with the backup QB and winning a road playoff game and almost a 2nd one against the 1 seed. Not saying Doug hasn't failed this season, he has - but the guy might have a leadership quality or two; and there shouldn't be any talk about him walking and nobody being upset.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                  So-so last year is wrong. They were very close to returning to the NFC Championship.
                  Agreed. Also, am I missing where really good NFL coaches grow on trees? There are so many bad coaches out there. The good ones seem few and far between. We have a coach now who beat Belicheat in the Super Bowl and has routinely beaten McVay (the current pet genius of the NFL). I'm not sure I'd be quick to dismiss that.

Comment

Spartan Thread Killer
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Agreed. Also, am I missing where really good NFL coaches grow on trees? There are so many bad coaches out there. The good ones seem few and far between. We have a coach now who beat Belicheat in the Super Bowl and has routinely beaten McVay (the current pet genius of the NFL). I'm not sure I'd be quick to dismiss that.
                      This. We have people comparing Pederson to Andy Reid as though Andy Reid were the definition of a bad coach. Meanwhile they're pining for Frank Reich who's going to miss the playoffs in a pathetic AFC.

Comment

Reich has done a hell of a job for a guy who lost a franchise QB right before the season began.

And come on ... Reid is a notoriously sucky game day coach ... notwithstanding his success in picking quarterbacks and regular season record.

He abandoned the run and mismanaged the clock in Philadelphia over and over ... and that's the comparison, not his overall record.

He might be better now, but I don't see enough of him to know if he's changed.
                        Last edited by slag; 12-02-2019, 02:41 PM.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                          That's flat out stupid, maybe beyond stupid as it is a continuing problem
                          You forgot to mention it was the 31st ranked defense against the rush yielding 140+ a game.
                          Just like Andy in '09 against the Raiders - 14 runs, 46 passes. 3 Akers FGs all outside the 40 and lost 13-9.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

This is an absurd post but I will chalk it up to you being upset about losing to Miami. 2 years from winning a Super Bowl with a back QB, LT and MLB. 1 year from rallying a team back from the dead once again with the backup QB and winning a road playoff game and almost a 2nd one against the 1 seed. Not saying Doug hasn't failed this season, he has - but the guy might have a leadership quality or two; and there shouldn't be any talk about him walking and nobody being upset.
                            Total frustration and definitely disappointed in his performance as a HC this year. Definitely willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as I wrote on another post I would put him on notice to get his act together but other than Stoutland and Fipp every other coach has to go, all of them! (Deuce in debatable)

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

This. We have people comparing Pederson to Andy Reid as though Andy Reid were the definition of a bad coach. Meanwhile they're pining for Frank Reich who's going to miss the playoffs in a pathetic AFC.
                              With a 3rd string QB as a starter they are 6 - 6 we are 5 - 7 and not for nothing but we will probably miss the playoffs too in the most pathetic division in football. How did he do with Luck last year? a QB who didn't play in a year and 10-6 won a playoff game and lost to the Chiefs. Same result as the defending SB champs with a team that was 4 - 12 the previous year.

Comment

Working...
                              X