When Howard is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

We're now in the 7th week of Howard not being cleared for contact, which probably means there's nerve damage. How much more hammering do you think he'll be doing?
    I only play a doctor on TV so, unlike Dak, I'll defer.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      WTF? Howard has rushed for 1000 yards his first two years in the league and 935 the year before he got here.

He's had over 1000 from scrimmage in every year he's played.
      He went from 1300 yards and a 5.2 average to 900 and a 3.7 average to not cleared for contact for two months inside of four seasons. You're not seeing the writing on the wall here?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

I only play a doctor on TV so, unlike Dak, I'll defer.
        We beat the shit out of Howie all season for signing guys who end up busted and on IR. Why defer now?

Comment

We beat the shit out of Howie all season for signing guys who end up busted and on IR. Why defer now?
          Come to think of it, you might have a point about deferring to the Eagles' medical staff.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post

Exactly. Apparently we have some meth heads who would rather see Boston Scott play based off of games against Powerhouses like the Giants and Redskins
            That's actually the entire point of wanting to see him against a better team in a bigger spot. This really isn't that complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
              Wish they would've held on to Raheem Mostert
              Nah, we're good there.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post

Exactly. Apparently we have some meth heads who would rather see Boston Scott play based off of games against Powerhouses like the Giants and Redskins
                Agreed with both posters. Howard is a battering ram and you need one on a roster. Not easy to get 4.4 per clip in the NFL. Remember the 2017 Superbowl run, he takes on Blount's role in a RBBC with Sanders and Scott. You cannot go into a season thinking Sanders and Scott alone can be your future backfield. You need a bruiser if you are going with smaller shifty backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Agreed with both posters. Howard is a battering ram and you need one on a roster. Not easy to get 4.4 per clip in the NFL. Remember the 2017 Superbowl run, he takes on Blount's role in a RBBC with Sanders and Scott. You cannot go into a season thinking Sanders and Scott alone can be your future backfield. You need a bruiser if you are going with smaller shifty backs.
                  Especially in the playoffs.

I'd be fine with replacing him mid to late in the draft if I trusted Howie to actually hit on the pick.

I don't think he will command a big contract at all. Bringing him back is a no-brainer.

Comment

They need somebody to compliment Sproles next year. Expecting big things from a healthy Darren next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

Especially in the playoffs.

I'd be fine with replacing him mid to late in the draft if I trusted Howie to actually hit on the pick.

I don't think he will command a big contract at all. Bringing him back is a no-brainer.
                      And he said he likes it here. He may just take less $$$ to stay here who knows but I like him get hard yards

Comment

Thinking about it... he's probably not going to command all that much on the open market after missing half the season with nerve issues. The next multi-year contract he gets is what's going to set him up for the rest of his life. He's going to need to re-establish his value before he signs any longer term deal.

I guess there's a decent chance he's back in '20 on a one-year deal.

Comment

Thinking about it... he's probably not going to command all that much on the open market after missing half the season with nerve issues. The next multi-year contract he gets is what's going to set him up for the rest of his life. He's going to need to re-establish his value before he signs any longer term deal.

I guess there's a decent chance he's back in '20 on a one-year deal.
                          Ya I can see a one year prove it deal with incentives in it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            he should be complimenting Sanders and not the other way around (that's not a knock on Howard). His development has been a huge bright spot this season.
                            Just read he is probably out again this Sunday, this is the worst STINGER in the history of football.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

Just read he is probably out again this Sunday, this is the worst STINGER in the history of football.
                              After the second week of not being cleared for contact, it was obvious that it was more serious than the usual burner. He's probably had a loss of sensation on one side of his body for the last six weeks. Just shut him down for the season, there's no reason to risk a more serious spinal injury at this point.

The bigger worry is the high likelihood of recurrence with these types of injuries, and the inherent risk in his style of play. Let him heal, bring him back on a one-year contract, and give him another shot at hitting free agency on a high note.

Comment

Working...
                              X