Imagine the conversation in NYC on the Sidney Jones play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine the conversation in NYC on the Sidney Jones play

Official One: We got buzzed. Mr. McMahon wants us to give the Cowboys another chance. He needs them in the playoffs!

Official Two: Okay, we can buzz the field and tell them to hold up. But that play was clean. I mean, look at it (plays video). He didn't even breathe on him wrong...

Official One: Are you LISTENING to me? Mr. McMahon wants us to call it PI.

Official Two: We've never done that. I've never even heard of us reviewing a play for PI on our own. We don't even like doing it when the coaches ask for it prior to the last two minutes. We could get those officials killed out there.

Official One (under his breath): They probably deserve it after that holding call on Peters.

Official Two: Wait a minute. He just texted me. Says we'll handle it next week in New York and Dallas.

Official One: Whew. That's a better way to handle it. This would've been butt ugly. Those Philly fans...

Official Two; (opens a can of Budweiser and takes a sip): Yeah, those assholes booed Santa clause, didn't they?
    DB

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    Official One: We got buzzed. Mr. McMahon wants us to give the Cowboys another chance. He needs them in the playoffs!

Official Two: Okay, we can buzz the field and tell them to hold up. But that play was clean. I mean, look at it (plays video). He didn't even breathe on him wrong...

Official One: Are you LISTENING to me? Mr. McMahon wants us to call it PI.

Official Two: We've never done that. I've never even heard of us reviewing a play for PI on our own. We don't even like doing it when the coaches ask for it prior to the last two minutes. We could get those officials killed out there.

Official One (under his breath): They probably deserve it after that holding call on Peters.

Official Two: Wait a minute. He just texted me. Says we'll handle it next week in New York and Dallas.

Official One: Whew. That's a better way to handle it. This would've been butt ugly. Those Philly fans...

Official Two; (opens a can of Budweiser and takes a sip): Yeah, those assholes booed Santa clause, didn't they?
    Epic

Comment

Hahahaha...

Absolutely perfect. I still can’t believe they tried to review that on their own. Insanity.

Comment

Haha

Great take!

Comment

I know that they need to get things right with under two minutes left, but I was stunned that that play even went to review.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I know that they need to get things right with under two minutes left, but I was stunned that that play even went to review.
            The thing that is so utterly bizarre is that now instead of the officials huddling to discuss what to do (a HUGE peeve of mine), they are getting "word from NY" on probably every GD play that is even close. Does anyone truly know how much and through what means NY is affecting the officials' on-field work? I know the on-field officials themselves don't make the replay judgment any more...what else?!

Comment

Working...
            X