Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone explain why Doug doesn't deserve COY consideration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
    Doug is a great coach.
    Dont tell that to GroundMeat! Wanted him fired

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

He deserves consideration and what he dd with this team down the home stretch was very impressive.I don't see them winning a Super Bowl but who knows? Just win next week is all I ask right now.
      The fact that they have a home playoff game next weekend is incredible. Either team will be tough to beat. Just gonna enjoy this week and revel in the Cowboys' misery a bit as well.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        I'll hang up and listen.
        Any moron watching that doesn't think doug should be fired should be shot.

Comment

He's coaching the wrong team.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

It seems like Shanahan is going to win, but IMO he's benefitting too much from the factor that Jimmy G was hurt last year (or maybe that his team just sucked). Obviously you could argue that Doug shouldn't benefit too much from this year's injuries.
            Pederson shouldn't benefit from overcoming injuries in the same year they're happening as opposed to Shanahan having a key injury manufacture an inflated loss record to compare to a COY record in which he has no key or massive injuries with which to contend?
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Any moron watching that doesn't think doug should be fired should be shot.
              I know this is a shot at me - I get frustrated with Doug's play calling and situational decisions at times but have never questioned whether he should be the HC of this team. He is a player's coach for sure and what has been done especially in the last month of the year is nothing short of incredible. There is no question he should be highly considered as COY.

I have said repeatedly keep Doug, Fipp Stoutland and obviously Deuce is a lifer but never called for his job.

The frustration level is at times overreaction kinda like, well you know, BENCH WENTZ FOR MCCOWN! Frustration type stuff.

Comment

His play calling often infuriates the shit out of me...(when is the last time we ran the bootleg every team does) However, his ability to get this team to play despite the injuries is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Pederson shouldn't benefit from overcoming injuries in the same year they're happening as opposed to Shanahan having a key injury manufacture an inflated loss record to compare to a COY record in which he has no key or massive injuries with which to contend?
                  That is exactly why I don’t think Shanahan should win COTY...

Yes, that is part of the counter argument. I disagree with it, as again, I don’t think Shanahan should win COTY. But apparently enough people whose opinion matters agree with it, because it seems like he’s a shoe-in to win COTY.

Comment

Working...
                  X