Nfl Protest and the Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loki View Post
    Race relations prior to MLK and that whole era were horrific.
    Mathematically since MLK died in 1968 and I mentioned it about my adult life I would have to be anywhere from 18-66 years old. Actually mid-40's.

Comment

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
      You are another example of the partisan divide driving your opinion. You like to believe that race is a larger factor than it is just because you know that is the ultimate weapon to put someone on defense. If someone does not approve of Obama's policies it must be factored in race rather then them simply having a different point of view. Race relations are the worst in my adult life and a lot of those flames were fanned during the Obama Administration. Quite honestly the tipping point was when the leader of our country could not stand in front of the American people and call Michael Brown out for the criminal that he was and Officer Wilson was heroic in his actions. That created this atmosphere of let them riot. I digress but if you look at the graph, it actually shows the divide starting earlier than the Obama Administration but it was during his administration that it increased exponentially. As the President you are responsible for what happens in your time in office even if out of your control. It is why we blame Bush for the housing bubble bursting when it was a philosophy of predatory lending that started under the Clinton Administration.
      Partisan divide driving my opinion? LOL. First of all, I am neither Democrat nor Republican. I have a brain and think for myself. I don't need any group or party to tell me how to think on any issue. I did not agree with everything Obama did or said and for that matter, I have never agreed with everything any president has ever done or said. I hold every presidents feet to the fire no matter who it is but one thing I have always done is respect the president of the US until this dope got into office. I pegged this idiot over 35 years ago as a con man and he has done nothing to change my opinion of him. If you did any research on Trump, you would know he lives his life by the cliché, there is a sucker born every minute. That's why he loves you.

You must be a pup since race relations were 10x worse back in the 60's. And I guess you forget the whole birther claim when Obama became president? Oh, that's right, Trump pushed it for 5 years when there was no evidence at all to back this claim but that didn't stop Trump or the republicans from pushing it over and over. I guess you missed the republicans vowing to undermine and obstruct Obama the whole time he was in office. Sure, that had nothing to do with him being black! LOL

Comment

Nathaniel Givens?

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
        Now go back and read the posts as you call me not a centrist. Look at the language used, the thoughts presented. Take the advice of your own post and look in the mirror and question yourself.

He went to that game in Indy fully intending to walk out, nice use of taxpayer money to make a trip<--- You know someone's intent when you have little to no knowledge of the event, you don't even give it the courtesy to identify it as your opinion but state it as fact

BTW, how disrespectful is it to take a knee? It is not a norm, but not what the orangutan in chief has portrayed it as<-- Again use of disparaging remarks towards our President, regardless of my thoughts of the President as well as many other positions in this country I respect the office and power of communication so I would not use disparaging remarks against the president outside of criminal behavior.

his plans to further divide and agitate the electorate, a good way to distract from his other embarrassing failures so far. <--- Embarrassing failures so far but no mention of the success? You know his intent

Now you speak of the political divide during the Gingrich years which a seed may have been planted then. It is difficult to find when the seed was planted but through the years it is easy to track where it grew. You presented an argument but have no factual basis to back it up. If you go to the 3rd graph in this link it would seem to counter your argument in case you want to use facts. Doesn't mean your argument is wrong, just if the seed was planted then it took almost a decade to come to fruition.

http://difficultrun.nathanielgivens....itical-divide/
        Did a little research on him, he is a devout Mormon, which is not a knock, but it indicates the kind of filter through which he sees. As far as using disparaging remarks toward our President, I admit I did it, just like he does...(Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, Little Rocketman) to name a few. If I do it then it is bad, but we should respect him when he does it. When you throw crap at others, you should expect it to get tossed right back at you.

The seed 'may' have been planted? Google the 'Hastert Rule,' and tell me again how it 'may' have happened, it did, and like any seed it took time to grow to today's levels. The fact that the number of far right wing hate groups quadrupled in numbers during Obama's presidency is another 'fact' that points to a racial divide that grew in strength for no other reason than he was a black President.

We, as a country, have never come to terms with our history, especially the civil war. A recent poll indicates that only 38% believe it was about slavery, and it was completely about that. For proof look up the Confederate Constitution and most of the State Constitutions implemented after they seceded, they all proclaim the right to own black slaves and most indicate it is because the white race is superior to the black race. That idea still resonates with many Americans, a sad but true fact. Until we get beyond the inherited prejudices of our ancestors, then we will have a divided nation. And I see nothing that our current POTUS is doing to mend that fence, he seems to want to build it up. Sad
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I thought Obama was mixed race???

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            Did a little research on him, he is a devout Mormon, which is not a knock, but it indicates the kind of filter through which he sees. As far as using disparaging remarks toward our President, I admit I did it, just like he does...(Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, Little Rocketman) to name a few. If I do it then it is bad, but we should respect him when he does it. When you throw crap at others, you should expect it to get tossed right back at you.

The seed 'may' have been planted? Google the 'Hastert Rule,' and tell me again how it 'may' have happened, it did, and like any seed it took time to grow to today's levels. The fact that the number of far right wing hate groups quadrupled in numbers during Obama's presidency is another 'fact' that points to a racial divide that grew in strength for no other reason than he was a black President.

We, as a country, have never come to terms with our history, especially the civil war. A recent poll indicates that only 38% believe it was about slavery, and it was completely about that. For proof look up the Confederate Constitution and most of the State Constitutions implemented after they seceded, they all proclaim the right to own black slaves and most indicate it is because the white race is superior to the black race. That idea still resonates with many Americans, a sad but true fact. Until we get beyond the inherited prejudices of our ancestors, then we will have a divided nation. And I see nothing that our current POTUS is doing to mend that fence, he seems to want to build it up. Sad
            Did a little research on him, he is a devout Mormon, which is not a knock, but it indicates the kind of filter through which he sees. As far as using disparaging remarks toward our President, I admit I did it, just like he does...(Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, Little Rocketman) to name a few. If I do it then it is bad, but we should respect him when he does it. When you throw crap at others, you should expect it to get tossed right back at you<--- Pew research poll which was used in a Givens blog. Facts of the poll stand for what they say, I was only using for the 3rd graph. If you want to discredit due to its association to Givens here is another link http://www.people-press.org/2014/06/...erican-public/

As far as disparaging remarks, why not demonstrate you are a better person rather than sinking to others level? Thats the road I will take as someone needs to demonstrate the right path as the other spew rhetoric.

The seed 'may' have been planted? Google the 'Hastert Rule,' and tell me again how it 'may' have happened, it did, and like any seed it took time to grow to today's levels. The fact that the number of far right wing hate groups quadrupled in numbers during Obama's presidency is another 'fact' that points to a racial divide that grew in strength for no other reason than he was a black President<-- Read the Hastert rule which you blame for the seed however evidence of the political divide did not surface until after 2004 according to graph already provided. Here is a CNN article that seems to counter your argument: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/politi...ups/index.html

I agree he has not done anything to mend the race relations and more needs to be done. Its a complicated issue but unfortunately the media is too interested in race relations as they are which is evidence by their reporting of stories.

Comment

Working...
            X