No announcement yet.

Deshaun Twatson looked mediocre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. Never understood why he was treated as a second tier qb in the draft. All he ever did was shred the best defense in the country on the biggest stage in college football. Twice.

Anyway, the fantasy team I played against this week thinks he's pretty good.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The kid's been decent, maybe a little over-hyped, but impressive in spots.

He doesn't play for Dallas. Or the Giants, or the Redskins, or in the NFC... so...

It's hard to work up a whole lot of give-a-shit for this one.

Comment

What hype? Same ol shit to me. He's played well for a rookie and had a less expressive game and you're calling him Twatson? Ok
        Last edited by slag; 10-10-2017, 06:11 PM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          What hype? Same ol shit to me. He's played well for a rookie and had a less expressive game and you're calling him Twatson? Ok
          The predraft hype, mostly. And the inane shit on social media.

Also, I was drunk when I originally made this thread, but you have to work Twat into someone's last name whenever possible.

I think he'll be a good player. I just think people need to pump the brakes a bit.
          Last edited by Melchior; 10-10-2017, 08:08 PM.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Predraft hype? If Watson were white he'd have been the first pick in the draft and you know it.

Like Wilson and Prescott, Watson is a winner and a leader of men. Being the Clemson quarterback frankly is more stressful than being the Texans quarterback.

You generally don't across as a clueless poster, so your level of unfounded vitriol is really puzzling.

Comment

3rd QB in the draft. You prefer Trubisky?
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                Predraft hype? If Watson were white he'd have been the first pick in the draft and you know it.

Like Wilson and Prescott, Watson is a winner and a leader of men. Being the Clemson quarterback frankly is more stressful than being the Texans quarterback.

You generally don't across as a clueless poster, so your level of unfounded vitriol is really puzzling.
                That's a bit strong. I do think he's better than Trubisky, though, so maybe.

Comparing college defenses to NFL defenses is absurd. The worst NFL defense is vastly more complex and talented than any college defense.

Anyway, I think Watson will be a good QB. I just think the level of hype and hyperbole surrounding his first few games has been ridiculous in some corners.

If he can play, he'll be a "leader of men." If he ultimately can't consistently make plays from the pocket, he won't last as an NFL QB and none of those college accolades are going to matter.

The Rams did it the right way with Goff. Watson's development is going to be stunted if they don't start transitioning him in to a more pro-style offense.

The deep throw to Fuller was beautiful. Likely just a 1-read play, but nice drop/fake, evades a rusher, fires a bomb to him with 1-on-1 coverage -- but on the majority of his snaps, he has zero footwork, works from the shotgun and bails to his right at the first sign of pressure. 2 of his biggest throws were in to triple coverage where Hopkins and a TE made miraculous catches.

You can't live off that in the NFL. And continuing to miss easy throws from the pocket is going to hamstring their offense once defenses get more film on him.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                X