No announcement yet.

Parasite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BATTLE GROUND, APOCOLYPSE NOW, PLATOON AND FULL METAL JACKET.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A THREAD ABOUT SMEGMA UNTIL I OPENED IT.

HUH GO FIGURE.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Impossible to choose but I'll go Where Eagles Dare. Totally unrealistic but that movie kicks ass.

For "realism", I'll take Bridges at Tokyo Ri.
        For Men in Boats movies, I've got Ice Station Zebra and Crimson Tide.
        DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

Das Boot is pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Tru Dat Das.

For Men in Airplanes movies I go with Twelve O Clock High. Honorable mention Top Gun.
            DB

Comment

Das Boot is great IMO as long as you watch it in German with subtitles.

Full Metal Jacket was great until they left Parris Island ... you all want to watch a real sleeper of a Vietnam movie ... check out 84 Charlie Mopic.

And Top Gun isn't within my definition of a war movie.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Das Boot is great IMO as long as you watch it in German with subtitles.

Full Metal Jacket was great until they left Parris Island ... you all want to watch a real sleeper of a Vietnam movie ... check out 84 Charlie Mopic.

When Das Boot was recommended to me 30 years ago by my cousin, it came with a disclaimer that went something like "If you watch the fucking dubbed version, you're dead to me." He meant it, so I didn't do it.

I like both halves of FMJ, but it does abruptly shift from a four-star movie to a three-star movie as soon as they get to Vietnam. And the two halves really don't mesh for me. It's still Kubrick, I still love watching him do his thing, but FMJ is probably his most overrated film, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

I bet the sequel will be even more realistic than the original.

Comment

RUN SILENT RUN DEEP
                    THE ENEMY BELOW
                    IN HARMS WAY

Comment

AND I KNOW BAND OF BROTHERS AND THE PACIFIC WEREN'T 'MOVIES', BUT THEY ARE UP THERE FOR ME.

Comment

Paths of Glory. Hands down best war movie of all time. If anyone mentions "The Longest Day" I'll lose my shit, I swear. Although "Battle of the Bulge" was awesome.
                        Watching the end of Glory (Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, etc) right now. Pretty damn good war movie.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

When Das Boot was recommended to me 30 years ago by my cousin, it came with a disclaimer that went something like "If you watch the fucking dubbed version, you're dead to me." He meant it, so I didn't do it.

I like both halves of FMJ, but it does abruptly shift from a four-star movie to a three-star movie as soon as they get to Vietnam. And the two halves really don't mesh for me. It's still Kubrick, I still love watching him do his thing, but FMJ is probably his most overrated film, IMO.
                          Stalingrad is another good German language war movie.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                          X