No announcement yet.

The Byron Jones talk harshes my mellow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Byron Jones talk harshes my mellow.

If there’s one thing the Eagles do as poorly as signing Puke cockroach free agents it’s sign free agent cornerbacks. I don’t want the Manchuria Candidate of cornerbacks here.

Asante and PRob were hits. Otherwise, shitsville.

I kinda think Schvantz is going to pound the table for Jones because of his versatility. I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him right out of the gate as soon as the tampering window opens.

Comment

I loved him coming out of UConn but want nothing to do with him in 2020 for obvious reasons.

Comment

This will severely blow up in their faces if it happens.

Comment

I'd rather have James Bradberry if he's cheaper. Playing in that division as a corner isn't easy and he knows how to actually tackle someone.

Comment

Bradberry’s also a year younger, and will probably be a few guaranteed million cheaper.

But they’re both getting five years, and Jones is a proven safety. That could be a big factor when they’re considering the last two years of that deal.

I know they’ve been burned by ex-Turds with freakish regularity in the past, but Byron Jones is a legitimately good football player. I’m not going to complain if they go out and get the top FA available to fill the most glaring need on the defense. And the thought of poaching one of the Cowboys’ big draft hits because they’re having QB & WR contract drama in the same offseason has its appeal.

Comment

I generally don’t like signing CBs in free agency, but they won’t be able to solve both CB and WR through the draft this year. It seems like they’re going for homegrown WRs while signing a young-ish CB. I don’t mind it.

Jones doesn’t fit the profile of a Maxwell-type bust imo. Maxwell looked good because of the guys around him. Jones is a good corner who is the odd man out due to all the other contracts in Dallas

Comment

I’ll pass.

no more cockroaches.
                i do like the sound of the Darius Slay rumors.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  I’ll pass.

no more cockroaches.
                  i do like the sound of the Darius Slay rumors.
                  The money is going to be about even, if Slay is extended. I’d much rather keep our second rounder (where you can get a Reagor/Aiyuk/Hamler) and sign Jones — who’s a year younger than DS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

The money is going to be about even, if Slay is extended. I’d much rather keep our second rounder (where you can get a Reagor/Aiyuk/Hamler) and sign Jones — who’s a year younger than DS.

I wouldn’t use a 2nd.. But I read some where Sidney Jones or some other body and 3rd pick......Doesn’t really matter to me I just don’t want anymore Cockroaches.
                    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

NO MORE FUCKING COCKROACHES EVER!!!! NOT EVEN THE NEXT COMING OF EMMITT FUCKING SMITH!!!

Not even sure this guy is a top CB anyways. He switches between safety and CB and it would be nice to gave a real CB for once. 2 fucking int's in 5 years 37 solo tackles last year and 6 pass break ups and we want to back up a brinks truck for this mother fucker??? I can think of tones of CB better than this douche!!! Hard pass!!

Peterson
                      Gilmore
                      Slay
                      Ramsey
                      T. White
                      X. Howard
                      Fuller
                      Lattimore
                      Humphrey
                      J. Alexander
                      Hayward

I can go on! The guy had a good 2018 but 2019 was mediocre for a contract year. Did I mention, FUCK A COCKROCH!!

Comment

Jones was a top 5 CB in ‘18, damn good in ‘19, he’s 27, the best corner on the market, and he’s an excellent safety. He’s worlds better than anything we’ve had since Samuel.

This isn’t DeMarco Murray we’re talking about. Murray was a bust because signing a high-mileage, ridden-hard-and-put-away-wet running back with inflated stats from running behind a great offensive line was a retarded move from the jump... one of many retarded moves by a retarded GM who couldn’t work with men to save his life.

The katsaridaphobia around here is completely irrational. Jones is a terrific football player. Yeah, he’s going to be expensive. That’s the price you pay for blowing draft picks. So be it. He makes the secondary a hell of a lot better overnight.

I’m fine with going in another direction with Bradberry or someone else, but ruling out Byron Jones because he played five years for the team that drafted him makes zero sense.
                        Last edited by The Duck; 02-21-2020, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Jones was a top 5 CB in ‘18, damn good in ‘19, he’s 27, the best corner on the market, and he’s an excellent safety. He’s worlds better than anything we’ve had since Samuel.

This isn’t DeMarco Murray we’re talking about. Murray was a bust because signing a high-mileage, ridden-hard-and-put-away-wet running back with inflated stats from running behind a great offensive line was a retarded move from the jump... one of many retarded moves by a retarded GM who couldn’t work with men to save his life.

The katsaridaphobia around here is completely irrational. Jones is a terrific football player. Yeah, he’s going to be expensive. That’s the price you pay for blowing draft picks. So be it. He makes the secondary a hell of a lot better overnight.

I’m fine with going in another direction with Bradberry or someone else, but ruling out Byron Jones because he played five years for the team that drafted him makes zero sense.
                          Anything is better than what we had. Nnamdi looked great too and he was rated the #1 CB at the time. NO COCKROACHES LOL

Comment

Nnamdi never played for the Cowboys.

Comment

Nnamdi never played for the Cowboys.
                              That wasn't my point who doesn't know Nnamdi didn't play for the Cowboys? My point was just bc be is the best available FA CB this year doesn't mean he is worth a mega deal. My statement will always be NO COCKROACHES EVER - once a Cowfag, always a Cowfag. They get away with murder in Dallas, believe they are the shit then go elsewhere and have this attitude that they are better than the team and the can run roughshod - they have no structure or accountability in Dallas and come with attitude something we don't need staining out lockerroom. Once poisoned by Jerry and the COCKROACH brand, always a COCKROACH and Scandrick put the final nail in the coffin for me!

Fuck Dallas and all their players, coaches etc. 1800 players in the league, we don't need any of their 53!

Comment

Working...
                              X