The Byron Jones talk harshes my mellow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    An unsourced, unlinked copy/paste dump isn't really getting into the weeds. How did all of your other suggested CBs stack up with the mystery statisticians behind those numbers? Or have you not gotten into the weeds with them yet.

If we've reached the stats in a vacuum portion of the discussion, this is gonna get real dull, real quick.
    I feel you. Point being his stats are pretty shitty for a guy people are saying is can't miss and worth an brinks truck. Most of his important categories he ranks 20 30 40 50th or worst amongst his peers. That's not saying much for a guy you want to burn so much cap for.

Now I agree with you that you have to take a look at other options to fix multiple areas of need and it can't be don't of you pay one dude so much money whos stats are mediocre at best.

Freak athlete doesn't mean great player and his stats clearly show not a top flight CB.

Comment

Kempski just posted Jones’ stats compared to Slay’s over the last two seasons (comp %, yards, yds/tgt, TDs, tackles, INTs) and they’re practically identical. Slay had more picks, Jones allowed half as many touchdowns, everything else graded out even. And those are Slay’s 6th and 7th seasons at CB, vs. Jones’ 1st and 2nd at the position. Nobody anywhere is questioning how good Slay is, but somehow you’ve found the statistical smoking gun that Jones is a middle of the road chump. Okay.

Until I see who you’re getting your stats from and how they compare to other top corners (you know, context), your copypasta doesn’t mean as much as you’d like it to.

Comment

Kempski just posted Jones’ stats compared to Slay’s over the last two seasons (comp %, yards, yds/tgt, TDs, tackles, INTs) and they’re practically identical. Slay had more picks, Jones allowed half as many touchdowns, everything else graded out even. And those are Slay’s 6th and 7th seasons at CB, vs. Jones’ 1st and 2nd at the position. Nobody anywhere is questioning how good Slay is, but somehow you’ve found the statistical smoking gun that Jones is a middle of the road chump. Okay.

Until I see who you’re getting your stats from and how they compare to other top corners (you know, context), your copypasta doesn’t mean as much as you’d like it to.
        never said he was a chump said he was a FUCKING COCKROACH! Also, he is good but not a top 10 corner and just bc he is the best available FA CB this year and better than what we have (which isn't saying much) doesn't mean we should break the bank for him especially when we have multiple needs and he isnt a sure fire lock down corner worth the cash when you only have so much cap to go around. Slay may not be the answer either!

You don't break the bank for a guy just bc he is the best available player at the position in the current year that is a recipe for disaster and we have seen that movie here many times!

If it were Jalen Ramsey, Stephone Gilmore ect fuck ya back it up but he isnt so you don't and you build through the draft and make trades or go with 1a options.

Comment

Oh that’s right, you wanted to give away two firsts AND break the bank for Ramsey. Forgot about that.

Comment

Oh that’s right, you wanted to give away two firsts AND break the bank for Ramsey. Forgot about that.
            Didn't we have to hear all training camp about what a bum Sidney Jones is from this guy, and then all season about how awful the secondary is? Now he wants to build through the draft or make trades - you know kinda like how the current secondary he bashed so much was built. Arguing against yourself must be tiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

Didn't we have to hear all training camp about what a bum Sidney Jones is from this guy, and then all season about how awful the secondary is? Now he wants to build through the draft or make trades - you know kinda like how the current secondary he bashed so much was built. Arguing against yourself must be tiring.
              And what part of Jones sucked or our secondary sucked was incorrect? More than half the bored would have taken Ramsey for 2 1sts and he would have been worth every penny! Never said not to sign FA's just not worth breaking the bank on one that isn't worth the contract when we have so many needs. You wanna blow that cash on that position you better get a top 5 CB and B. Jones is not. You don't sign the best FA at the position just bc of the year he is an FA and say he is better than what we have. Shit, there are 100 CB better than what we have maybe, higher if you include college!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

And what part of Jones sucked or our secondary sucked was incorrect? More than half the bored would have taken Ramsey for 2 1sts and he would have been worth every penny! Never said not to sign FA's just not worth breaking the bank on one that isn't worth the contract when we have so many needs. You wanna blow that cash on that position you better get a top 5 CB and B. Jones is not. You don't sign the best FA at the position just bc of the year he is an FA and say he is better than what we have. Shit, there are 100 CB better than what we have maybe, higher if you include college!
                My point is that you will complain regardless of what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

My point is that you will complain regardless of what happens.
                  Not true at all. There are good moves FA signings trades or draft picks and there are bad.

With all that is necessary this off season, Jones just doesn't seem to the the big ticket item to blow your load on that's all I'm saying. If we were a piece or 2 away maybe sure but we aren't we have a lot alot of holes to plug.

I'm all for whatever it takes, trades draft or FA but they can't be reaches just BC we have a glaring need that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

And what part of Jones sucked or our secondary sucked was incorrect?
                    The part where he bounced back from rock-bottom laughingstock and made two clutch, season-saving plays to get the team into the playoffs.

Yes, that counts for something.

Comment

FWIW, per Adam Caplan it sounds like Eagles are going to be first in line to sign Jones in UFA.

my judgement is clouded by my unhealthy hatred for all things C*ntboys but I did love him coming out. However, i believe the curse of signing their players is Undefeated, Never Lost.

while several eagles have gone to Dallas and thrived has signing an ex-roach directly from Dallas ever not bit us in the ass? Trying to remember any direct signings that worked out.

Boniol
                      DeRoacho Scurry
                      Scandrick

who else? Darrin Smith? help me out here. Herschel doesn't count b/c he deloused in Minnesota before coming here. Talking Point C(ockroach) to Point A (philly) signing.

Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-02-2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Jones is good, and he will be overpaid. The question is, will it be the Eagles or another team that does it?

Comment

Technically, Scandrick was deloused in Kansas City.

Comment

Howie going after another big ticket cornerback. Ughhhh.

Comment

[QUOTE=Snakebitten;n1431749]Howie going after another big ticket cornerback. Ughhhh.

Latest in Jones is that he is going to go for in the neighborhood of $18/yr and $60mill guaranteed. I don't give a flying fuck at this point that he is a cowfag, he ain't worth that much against the cap. No fucking way this dude is worth that money and I don't give a fuck that it is Jeffie's cash that contract is ridiculous for Jones period!

At that point, hope the Giants outbid Howie fuck June and fuck a Cockraoch!

Comment

Working...
                              X