Even Roseman can't f*ck this up, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

edited to add -- just another reason to hate the eagles' approach to drafting players. without a real GM where does the buck stop? things go sideways or draft a ton of shitheads everybody has an out. 'it was a group decision!'

Hold people accountable for these drafts. buck must stop somewhere. too easy to weasel out of shit with the way they're doing it now.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...3700&type=team
    That's a big reason I'm glad Joe is out of there. The other reason is that I think their philosophies were way different, and Joe had too much say in the war room. Now, the buck stops with Roseman and Doug. No more excuses.

Comment

I was watching those WRs last night thinking, “it doesn’t matter which of these guys they take...he’s gonna be a complete scab once he arrives in camp”

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        I'm betting we end up with at least one of Ruggs/Aiyuk/Reagor/Hamler/Shenault.
        I'm wary of Ruggs. Maybe he's a better Desean, but the list of sub 4.3 guys is full of busts

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post

I'm wary of Ruggs. Maybe he's a better Desean, but the list of sub 4.3 guys is full of busts
          I agree. I'm torn because of that list, also. The only thing that sways me a little is that he's very athletic (42 inch vert) and has very good hands. It's most likely going to cost the Eagles a first, second, and third to get up far enough to get CeeDee Lamb. I'm not sure I want the Eagles to trade up for Ruggs. I'm ok with them targeting Lamb (which I'm guessing moving up to #10 or so). I'm hoping the other position players do well this weekend in the combine and slide the wideouts down the draft board. It's going to be very hard for these guys to slip by picks #11 - #13. I really liked what I saw in Justin Jefferson during the season. I tried to watch most of his games this year because I thought he was going to be their target. It appears people are talking about him being a slot receiver so I'm not sure if that works.
          Last edited by Snakebitten; 02-28-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

I agree. I'm torn because of that list, also. The only thing that sways me a little is that he's very athletic (42 inch vert) and has very good hands. It's most likely going to cost the Eagles a first, second, and third to get up far enough to get CeeDee Lamb. I'm not sure I want the Eagles to trade up for Ruggs. I'm ok with them targeting Lamb (which I'm guessing moving up to #10 or so). I'm hoping the other position players do well this weekend in the combine and slide the wideouts down the draft board. It's going to be very hard for these guys to slip by picks #11 - #13. I really liked what I saw in Justin Jefferson during the season. I tried to watch most of his games this year because I thought he was going to be their target. It appears people are talking about him being a slot receiver so I'm not sure if that works.
            I have no interest in trading up for anyone not named Lamb or Jeudy, and that's only if one of them slides into the teens. This draft is too deep at WR, there's going to be more than one good one at 21. Ruggs may have ultimately hurt himself when he pulled up lame after the second run yesterday... the John Ross flashbacks may drop him to 21, where he'd be really hard to pass up.

Jefferson helped himself a lot yesterday. Physically, I think he projects well to the Z or Y in the NFL. If they get an outside speed guy in FA, I could see Jefferson being the target.

I think Mims is in the conversation at 21 now, too. He’s rising the way CMC shot up the board three years ago. So far, he’s killed it at Mobile and Indy, and his tape backs up his measurables.
            Last edited by The Duck; 02-28-2020, 04:19 PM. Reason: Forgot about Mims.

Comment

Howie doesn't have the luxury of even entertaining drafting Mims at #21. He knows if he drafts a wideout in the first, it has to be a name. If those guys are gone, he's trading down the draft board and maybe even going with a wideout with the second pick. If I'm Howie, I'm talking to Cleveland at #10, Tampa at #14 and Atlanta at #16 and see if I have any chance to move up. It's going to be interesting.

Comment

If Mims doesn’t have a pre-draft stumble, somebody’s taking him in the first. Dude prepared himself for this process really well.

But you may be right... Roseman will get killed if the first pick is seen as a reach. But by April, Mims could be the hottest name in the draft, as far as risers go. We’ll see.

Comment

Working...
                X