No announcement yet.

So the Eagles answer to fix the WR problem is..... Drumroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really thought we needed to add 1 FA, 1 early round pick from the draft and a later round pick to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I thnk they are going to have to keep about $15 million of that in reserve until they make a final decision on Jeffrey.
      I think they may have made their decision on Jeffrey. I know what all the media outlets have been reporting in regards to him being a rat but Big Balls is still denying the riff. Maybe he's willing to look the other way for this season. In my opinion, I think if Jeffrey can get healthy, he can still play at a decent level. If they're paying him anyway, why not just keep him? That being said, Howie needs to nail this draft in regards to the wide receiver position. I don't care if he needs to draft three, he needs to walk away with a starter. I know it's a tall order for Howie but he needs to find a way. Unfortunately, the free agent wide receivers dominos didn't fall the way I would have liked. I don't think the top three wideouts will be within range. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
        Nothing.. Brilliant!!

Can't wait for them to miss in the guy they want in the draft, panic and draft a jagoff.

Let's see if they are working a trade or something bc this doesn't look too good. Haven't addressed the position at all lol
        They will draft 2, keep Alshon for now and sign Antonio Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

I think they may have made their decision on Jeffrey. I know what all the media outlets have been reporting in regards to him being a rat but Big Balls is still denying the riff. Maybe he's willing to look the other way for this season. In my opinion, I think if Jeffrey can get healthy, he can still play at a decent level. If they're paying him anyway, why not just keep him? That being said, Howie needs to nail this draft in regards to the wide receiver position. I don't care if he needs to draft three, he needs to walk away with a starter. I know it's a tall order for Howie but he needs to find a way. Unfortunately, the free agent wide receivers dominos didn't fall the way I would have liked. I don't think the top three wideouts will be within range. I hope I'm wrong.
          I agree with this. I still think he can contribute. The media/fan opinions don't matter. All that matters is what the locker room, particularly Wentz, thinks.

Also, I know it's far from a certainty, but a full season of a healthy DJax helps this offense immensely. I think people are forgetting that because his last season was so forgettable. If they get the right WR in the draft, with the TE's they have, I think they'll be fine.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Slay is a $10M cap hit. Hargrave is $5M. They have $25M in cap space.

They're after Yannick. They'll draft offense next month.
            Yeah I only read their true cap numbers today. I was going on their averages plus what was published about their re-signings.They just signed Nickell-Robey as well.

Comment

The only thing stopping Jeffrey from being a contributor is his health. He would have put up decent numbers if he stayed healthy. It's not like the NFC is loaded with shutdown corners. If Jeffrey becomes a problem, hopefully, they will have his replacement sitting in the wings and they can move on. Regardless, Howie needs to draft at least two wideouts in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

Did I miss the announcement that rosters are now final? It is March - there are still trades, more WRs will hit the streets in the next 6 months, and this is supposed to be a deep WR draft.

I think Mike Wallace is available.
                Per Howie at his press conference, they are good there so I think they will focus on the draft. Hope they go all in and move up for Lamb or Jeudy to be honest.

Edit to add: Wallace hahaha
                Last edited by Spartan92; 03-26-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

The only thing stopping Jeffrey from being a contributor is his health. He would have put up decent numbers if he stayed healthy. It's not like the NFC is loaded with shutdown corners. If Jeffrey becomes a problem, hopefully, they will have his replacement sitting in the wings and they can move on. Regardless, Howie needs to draft at least two wideouts in this draft.
                  i thought JJAG was his replacement
                  YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I can help Howie right off the bat. Don't draft another Pac-12 wideout again (BCJJ, Agholor, and Huff). Sorry, Laviska Shenault & Brandon Aiyuk, it's not you, it's us. They could end up good somewhere else but it's not happening here.

Comment

I can help Howie right off the bat. Don't draft another Pac-12 wideout again (BCJJ, Agholor, and Huff). Sorry, Laviska Shenault & Brandon Aiyuk, it's not you, it's us. They could end up good somewhere else but it's not happening here.
                      This is a good post! Agree! Fuck it mortgage the draft and go get Lamb or Jeudy.

Comment

Working...
                      X